caster 5%

hard 42

clean 20

cond 53

bubbly 25

crm lath 26

iodine 53

ins 162

Not sure if the numbers are what I want , but should be hard and conditioning with lather?

Tell me your thoughts

thanks

You might find the bar drying at 30% coconut. Or not :) Give it a try and see, then try one with coconut at 15% and olive at 50%. Or coconut at 15% and lard/palm at 35% and olive at 45%.

That will give you a good comparison of how differences in coconut %s affect the bar, and how a higher olive oil feels.

Oh this is so hard

I did refigure in the soapcalc hardness drops, conditioning goes up and I loose bubbles

What am I shooting for here

I did read soap qualities but they are not specific enough

I definatly don't want a drying bar

I have figured about ten different recipes

should I be using palm instead of lard?

Thought I would use readily available stuff

The bar lasting in the shower is my concern with it being too conditioning.

Now I am totally confused :undecided

For my next soap I'm going to experiment with a high-INS recipe. Some suggest there's a benefit in having it approach 160, which yours does. How about maybe a slight adjustment for a milder bar and backing off on the hard oils a little?

Coconut 25 Palm 25 Olive 45 Castor 5

Hardness 39

Cleansing 17

Condition 57

Bubbly 22

Creamy 27

Iodine 57

INS 155

I'm new at this but that looks like an appealing recipe to me.

A few things

* yea it is typical that as conditioning increases bubbles decrease. sad but true. but there IS a happy medium - try Quiet Girl's recipe posted in the recipe for example.

* soap calc and others are not always right. I've made recipes that should not bubble that do, and that should be stripping and aren't. I've also made recipes that should have been stellar but were decidedly less so when completed.

What I finally ended up doing is finding a reasonable recipe and work off that changing this and that to see what happens. The only way to really know is to soap...

Oh and the rules SO don't necessarily hold that there is a quite nice "Break the Rules" soap recipe you can google for - but I'll tell you it's 75% CO & 25% either shea or cocoa butter (I forget which). A tiny drying for me but not bad at all and it bubbles like CRAZY.

When you increase the conditioning you will decrease the hardness and lather. Try adding 1 TBSP of sugar per pound of oils to your water before adding the NAOH. The sugar should increase your lather without decreasing the hardness or effecting the conditioning too much.

Your recipe looks fine to me; I'd give it a whirl. (Although I agree with the others that you should not go higher on coconut. More than that might be drying.) I have dry skin, and I can use up to 30% coconut without problems, as long as the recipe is fairly well balanced, as yours is. :)

I like the looks of Top's recipe too. :cool2:

Happy soaping!

Ok , I think I have settled on a recipe

I've spent hours at the soap calc figuring this and am anxious to hear what you think of these numbers

I am going to give this a try tomorrow- hp

coconut 30%

palm 30%

olive 20%

canola 15%

caster 5%

hard 43

clean 20

cond 53

bl lath 25

crm lath 27

iodine 56