CDN Wicks

Anyone use these in their soy or a soy/cottonseed blend? I have been doing some testing with these and I like them, but wondered if anyone has had to wick higher than they normally would with them...

I know they bend over at the tip, like the htp's and regular CD's, but some bend almost all the way into the candle-is there a way to keep them from curling so bad????

When the curl I just take a little knife and prop it up and it usually stays really well, but I can't expect that a customer would know to do that, nor would I want them too......

Thanks

Tracey

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with the CDN. They were great as far as achieving a full meltpool and mushrooming, but they have too much bend. I did have customers bring them back telling me they were putting themselves out. When I looked at the candle the wick was too long, and it bent into the meltpool. I told them to keep them trimmed, but in the long run, not everyone follows directions.

I switched to LX and Hemp.

I have been trying to leave them long enough to get a good start and then trimming. I think I am going to try a few tonight with the wick a little shorter. My daughter accidently broke a wick off in one of my coffee mugs and I figured it wasn't even long enough to get a decent enough melt to yank it out and replace, but the wick did a wonderful job. Now that's not saying it will work that well on all, but I was amazed that a wick that was that short got a decent flame height and burned so well.

I love these wicks and use them along with regular CD's. Haven't tried LX's for a long time and have never really used the hemp wicks.

Thanks again-

Tracey