Wickless candle containers

I want to start making the wickless candles and I like the idea of the tins. I think they are clean looking. I have some questions though, Do the tins get hot? I mean if someone were to say the the candle up off the warmer after it has been on there would they get burned? Are the low profile or deep tins better? Are the jars better? Which jars?

Basically what do you guys use if you dont mind me asking and what sizes do you do as well.

Thanks for all of you that I hope will give me your expert opinion.

One more thing if you know soemwhere to get what you use at a good price I would appreciate it.

Doug

Yep they get hot. Its called convection.

As for glass, that is personal preference, but make sure the glass is rated to take that amount of direct heat without breaking. Typically you want a slightly heavier bottom on the jar. Stay away from anything with a thin glass bottom, and don't forget to test your glass.

HTH

Thank you for responding. For those of you who use glass lets say the stubby round jars (apocathy maybe) do they get host as well? Do you label the tins to warn that they get hot. I know it is probably common sense but ummm.... what if everyone doesnt have common sense.

Are you for real or just acting clueless?

1.gif

I have only gave away wickless candle once but getting ready to sell a few, if they don't sell that will be ok, all my kids loves candles as well as i do. i use container wax and i put it in the flat 8 oz mason jar, its flat so the wax melt faster than it would in a big container. they are to touch too. i have printed me up a bunch of warning to stick with mine, to tell people not to touch or move while the candle / tarts are still on warmer. and to keep away from edge of tables, and out of reach of children. and to melt tarts in i use either thos flat jars or the pryex bowls, like little custard cups.

Are you for real or just acting clueless?

1.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Stacy's DH here you go: ANYTHING you put on a candlewarmer is going to get HOT. NO matter WHAT its made of, including plastic (although it will probably melt before the wax does, so don't try it...LOL).

If you are curious about a particular jar, fill it with wax, put it on the warmer and test it, that way you will know without a doubt how hot it will get and if it will stand the heat.

:rolleyes:

Doug,

I have been testing the 16oz tin on my warmers ( which are 24 watts) I doubt that there will be anyone out there with a warmer that is more than 24 watts and if there is, I havent heard of it. Yes, they get hot. In the beginning I was nervous about it, but after several days of testing them ( even with overloaded FO to see what they would do ) I have decided that they are fine for the warmers as long as you make sure the consumer has been well informed.

For glass, the taureens ( 20oz ) are my favorite. The opening at the top is so wide that it allows for a better throw. Here is a link to the taureens I am talking about:

http://www.soap-making-supplies.com/handler.php?depid=5&catid=22&typeid=85&PHPSESSID=882b460c33439d8c8fc7183ab006953b

And, you are 100% on target for wondering about the people that do not have common sense. I would say that when it comes to fire and danger, there are many people that have no common sense. Fires happen all the time, and danger is considered "sport" in this crazy world we live in.

HTH

Michael

THank you. I was just wondering if there was a different type of warning label that I should put on it warning that the outside of the container is extremely hot or something. I was also wondering what everyone used. I like the look of the tins but wanted to know the pros and cons of the tins as to the glass as I am sure different people prefer both.

Thanks Again

Doug,

I have been testing the 16oz tin on my warmers ( which are 24 watts) I doubt that there will be anyone out there with a warmer that is more than 24 watts and if there is, I havent heard of it. Yes, they get hot. In the beginning I was nervous about it, but after several days of testing them ( even with overloaded FO to see what they would do ) I have decided that they are fine for the warmers as long as you make sure the consumer has been well informed.

For glass, the taureens ( 20oz ) are my favorite. The opening at the top is so wide that it allows for a better throw. Here is a link to the taureens I am talking about:

http://www.soap-making-supplies.com/handler.php?depid=5&catid=22&typeid=85&PHPSESSID=882b460c33439d8c8fc7183ab006953b

And, you are 100% on target for wondering about the people that do not have common sense. I would say that when it comes to fire and danger, there are many people that have no common sense. Fires happen all the time, and danger is considered "sport" in this crazy world we live in.

HTH

Michael

Can I ask where you get warmers in 24 watts?