Inexpensive Heat Gun...passing the savings

If you're looking for an inexpensive heat gun to see if you like working with it, check Harbor Freight Tools. My husband picked one up for me this morning for $9.99. It has 2 heat settings and works just fine for candles.

They have stores in almost every state and also have an online store.

I went through 4 of the Harbor Freight ones in year...they aren't real tough if you drop them! LOL

I now have a Granger, a Milwaukee and a Harbor Freight for backup. I use my heat guns A LOT and cannot live without one!

I bought the 9.99 one from Harbor last year and its almost on its last leg. The switch broke about 2 months after I bought and it only worked on the low setting...which was fine. Now I turn it on and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. There's something rattling around in there too.

You get what you pay for.

We have had the 9.99 Harbor Freight heat gun for over a year. We only use it for shrink-wrapping, so it got alot of use near the holidays. I have brought it back out for end of school teacher gift baskets, fundraisers, etc....so far so good....we will try not to drop it....:laugh2:

I too went through a few of them in a year. I now have a Milwaukee which I've had for 1 1/2 years with no problems. I also have had an embossing gun for 4 1/2 years that I bought at Michaels and it is still going strong.

I too went through a few of them in a year. I now have a Milwaukee which I've had for 1 1/2 years with no problems. I also have had an embossing gun for 4 1/2 years that I bought at Michaels and it is still going strong.

Got one of embossing guns from Michaels, also. It's a tough little purple one.:smiley2: I must have dropped it 50 times...LOL..still going.

I just had a heat gun blow up in the middle of zapping out the inside of my pyrex to get out the dried up wax from a previous batch so I could wipe it out. I wanted to make my first pillar and didn't want the wax blending.

It is NOT a good thing even when very little wax in the cup. I just had the wax splatter my face and arms not to mention my legs when I dropped everything. It didn't just fizzle and quit working, it make a FUNKY whirring noise.

I think the heart attack it gave me was worse though. :shocked2:

I went through a supposedly professional gun.. now have a $40 Wagner and it is a work horse. Better to by quality as what you save in $$ on a cheapie you pay for in time. They will always fail right before a show when you need it most.