Room Spray Labels???

A lot of the warnings would depend on what ingredients were in the spray. If you're using an alcohol (even if you're going the legal route and it's perfumers alcohol), you've got flammable and do not drink warnings. Cyclomethicone is also flammable.

You're probably going to want to include things like "Not for consumption, do not spray in eyes. If sprayed in eyes, flush with water for 20 minutes, and call a doctor." If you're using candle scents that aren't skin safe, you'll want to make sure they know the spray is not intended for body use.

Basically, think of all the stupid things people could do with it.... there's your warning suggestions.

I've got a couple of different sprays on hand.

One is "linen water", and it doesn't list a single ingredient, but it says: "Caution: Keep out of reach of pets and children. Non-toxic. Not for human consumption.

Another is "fabric refresher spray" and it also does not list ingredients, but it much more detailed. In addition to directions, it added a "note" which says: "Safe on virtually all water safe fabrics. On fabrics which may water spot (such as rayon and silk), test a small area of fabric which cannot be seen. Not recommended for leather. Does not contain zinc and is safe to use around cats and dogs. Not intended to be used directly on pets."

It also added a "caution," which reads: "EYE IRRITANT. contains ethanol. If contact occurs withthe eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. This finished product is not tested on animals."

Yet another product with no ingredients, a "pillow mist", warns: "For adult external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. Natural ingredients may cause color variations."

Finally, there is a mist that does list its ingredients but doesn't offer any cautions. The instructions say, "give it a shake and give it a shot."

So, there's a lot of food for thought.

The instructions say, "give it a shake and give it a shot."

:laugh2:

That is a great Instruction line! I tend to be boring with mine, but that one I love!!!

You are right in that there are too many stupid things people could do. I'd cover the not for consumption, and flammable if that's a concern with the ingredients.

I'll share ours:

first little blurb is a yadda yadda on uses....

Then:

Directions: Test a small area of fabric which is out of site before applying.. Hold bottle 8" - 12" and apply evenly until area is damp. Not recommended for leather and is safe to use around pets. Not intended to be applied directly on or to ingested by pets.

CAUTION: Eye irritant. If product comes in contact with your eyes, flush throughly with water. (you would add, contains ethenol/flammable here if yours does, ours does not)

USE ONLY AS INTENDED

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF SMALL CHILDREN

HTH