Testing Tins

I have always used 16 oz jelly jars with normaly 51z wicking.........I bought some tins (16,8 & 6) to play with. How different will the wicking be on these? I just poured all 3 sizes with the 16/62Z, 8/60Z and 6/51Z. I'll burn 'em later tonight but just curious as to what anyone else has found with using these containers. Also, as far as heat..............how much hotter than a glass jar do they get? Much more? As for sales.........which do your customers seem to prefer? Glass or tin?

I can't answer most of your questions, but on the 8 versus 16, I would *think* that's too high. I use a combo of the top 2 (62 and 60) depending on the scent for the 16's, so I would surely think it's too much for an 8.

My tins are warm to the touch, but not hot, when they are lit with a full melt pool.

I know it's not really an exact answer that you were looking for, but HTH.

So far in testing the tins with these wicks the 6 oz with the 51Z is doing beautifully full melt pool and tin is not overly hot to touch. The 8 oz tin with a 60Z is just about at full melt pool and again not overly hot to touch. The 16 oz however is still not to full melt pool with a 62Z so probably going to have to use double 51Z on it.

Just wanted to give you a heads up I use J223 so I don't know if everyone finds this but some scents, especially anything with vanilla in it or cinnamon in it, I get rusting around the inside rim after a while. Just thought you might want to know before you pour alot. Had to trash alot. But I also make my candles up ahead of time and for some the rust took about 4 weeks.