Gentle Honey Milk Scrub

Jadryga

Just a quick recipe that I've been using with great results. I originally made it for my face, but I find it's great for all over the body. The baking soda is abrasive enough to scrub, but gentle enough for the face. I find sugar scrubs way too harsh for my facial skin.

1 tsp goat's milk powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tbsp honey (I use rewarewa or manuka)

1/2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)

1-2 tbsp water, enough to form a runny paste

I usually mix it fresh, don't really measure, but thought I'd put measurements here to give a rough idea of the amounts I use. This recipe is a generous portion for the face and neck. I rub it onto my skin, leave it on for 5-10 minutes (longer doesn't hurt, but I have no patience), then rinse it off. It starts out sticky but rinses unbelievably easily, which is great for me, and no residue in the shower or sink.

Sometimes I add 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar (I like watching it fizzle when it reacts with the baking soda. Yes, I'm easily amused :embarasse ).

I use this every 1-2 days as a cleanser at night, leaves my skin nice and soft. :bliss:

After which I moisturize with a few drops of macadamia nut + avocado oil.

Would this recipe be good enough to make into larger batches with a preservative and placed in say Malibu Tubes? This recipe sounds great and I would like to use it in whole form instead of creating the dry base and then the customers add the wet to it.

Angi

The Soap Box

Hmm... not sure if the baking soda might completely dissolve... that might leave you with a great mask, but without the scrubbiness. I'll experiment with that and let sit, and let you know how it turns out? I've been contemplating adding some vanilla powder too for scent :>

That sounds really nice, Jadryga. I just ordered a three pack of manuka, rewarewa and tawari honeys a few days ago, but it'll be hard not to save that for my insides. ;) Do you use that active 10+ honey for your scrub?

Jeri

Sadly no... the active 10+ honey comes up to 100++ ringgit a small jar here! After the conversion rate that's about $30-40 or so. I use regular manuka or rewarewa. Manuka smells a lot sweeter, but I also loves how it tastes, so I compromised and use rewarewa for my outsides and eat my manuka :embarasse I did some research anyhow and found that rewarewa is one of the few honeys that also have the non-peroxidal activity associated with manuka.

Maybe one day I'll save my pennies and get a bottle of active honey, but I think I'll be hoarding it too much to use it very often as a face masque. Right now between eating and using my manuka honey I can go through a third of my jar in a day! :yay:

Jadryga were do you by this honey manuka or rewarewa.

is it a special honey can i get it at the grosery store

one more question is this face sgrub ok for every face

sorry about all the questions but i need to make some for my daughter

Any honey will do, actually, but I like these particularly. I'm in Malaysia, but I think you should be able to get them at grocery stores or supermarkets.

It's a pretty gentle scrub, and generally fine for all skin types, but some people may be sensitive to baking soda. If you're worried, test it on a small patch of skin. The honey and milk are pretty soothing, but never hurts to be careful. If you have broken skin, it may sting slightly, and if you get redness or irritation, of course, wash it off immediately.

Otherwise, have fun with it, feel free to add or reduce ingredients as you like, and I hope your daughter likes it!

Jadryga were do you by this honey manuka or rewarewa.

is it a special honey can i get it at the grosery store

one more question is this face sgrub ok for every face

sorry about all the questions but i need to make some for my daughter

Sherry, if you're in the US, it might be fastest to hit the internet for these honeys. They're from New Zealand, and I couldn't find them in any stores (at least in So Calif) to save my life. But OMG is it wonderful stuff.

j