full disclosure of soap ingredients.

At the farmers market I sell my soaps naked. They are put in glassine bags that have a label with the ingredients on them at the time of purchase.

In looking at other vendors soaps they have a sign that says what the soap is with no ingredients. and I've noticed on some websites that the full disclosure of the ingredients is not right there with the name of the soap. Do you think that it makes a difference in sales? On my site I am putting the ingredients on there in fine print and trying to squeeze it all in, but maybe I just need to have ingredients in general listed elsewhere?

TIA,

Bethany

We list what's in there. Actually I think I've come to just not touch anything without an ingredient list and people always ask so it's there. Only thing about having ingredients on there now is we sometimes get questions about the oils being 0 trans fat or not harvested in a brutal manner or doesn't affect the moon and the tides stuff.

We list what's in there. Actually I think I've come to just not touch anything without an ingredient list and people always ask so it's there. Only thing about having ingredients on there now is we sometimes get questions about the oils being 0 trans fat or not harvested in a brutal manner or doesn't affect the moon and the tides stuff.

Sheesh, just tell them not to eat the soap and they are fine on the trans fat!! :P

Glo

I think that the ingredients is pretty important to have on there, but I was just wondering why some people don't?

I use Lard in all my soaps which has zero label appeal for a some people, but I still put it on there anyway. I just wonder if they are trying to hide something...Maybe it's the trans fat in the LARD :rolleyes: LOL! That whole trans fat thing just cracks me up! Bad for the inside - good for the outside I say!

Bethany

That whole trans fat thing just cracks me up! Bad for the inside - good for the outside I say!

Bethany

That's true, my mother's geriatric doctor told her to use Crisco for her dry skin instead of buying expensive products she couldn't afford on a budget.

Does the 0 Trans fat thing apply to soap? Or is it just food stuffs?

LOL! I brought that up in another thread wondering ... there are people out the convinced it does and others who aren't interested in that area of the ballpark.

That's true, my mother's geriatric doctor told her to use Crisco for her dry skin instead of buying expensive products she couldn't afford on a budget.

I think it's only us who get these folks ... for instance, we notice coconut is in the soap. What about starving children? Wouldn't the coconut have been better used to feed them? See what I mean?

Emu in products ... was the emu killed just for its oil and if so, how was it put down ... and the answer better be in a humane way. There's that freakiness of how others promote products that may have scared the public into touching anything that isn't 0% transfat ... Am not arguing for it, just appear to may be the first to speak of it or the only one it happens to.

Soap isn't usually a cosmetic: From the same law, it's soap if:

(1) The bulk of the nonvolatile matter in the product consists of an

alkali salt of fatty acids and the detergent properties of the article

are due to the alkali-fatty acid compounds; and

(2) The product is labeled, sold, and represented only as soap.

That's another good reason why you should label soap - how many of us can stay away from saying a soap is "good for your skin, moisturizing, good for troubled skin, ....." :)

LOL! I brought that up in another thread wondering ... there are people out the convinced it does and others who aren't interested in that area of the ballpark.

crazy people. Here what I think now after reading the other Thread... I work with a guy who wears a trans-dermal patch so he gets his daily hormones.. I think that unless you are wearing a patch like that, you wouldnt really worry since you are just washing with the soap and then rinsing...you arent leaving it on your skin like a lotion or a butter, it isnt soaking in.

i list all of my ingredients on my soap labels. I actually had one lady who had to be 3 sheets to the wind tell me that she couldn't use my soaps because she had high cholesterol and her dr. said no fats. OMG i about died. Her friends all hit her and said you don't eat soap you ding bat lol. we all laughed so hard it was unreal. I swear people could hear us all the way outside on the street in front of my store. We all had to explain to the women that you would have to eat the fats to have it affect your cholesterol that it wasn't caused by stuff you put onto your skin. I think some people are just too stupid to live. :P