Now I am sad

prcandles

:(

My very first CP has crocodile skin on top! It took forever to get to gel, and now its really warm and has a really rough skin. I took the top off and left the towel under and around the sides, but its ugly. Ugly I can do already. Well, I guess I just have to get more oils and lye and keep trying.

Pat

Frankly you used almost NO FO. The SRB has a good review of it at 1 oz ppo! I'm assuming it's pretty fresh - give it time and it might fade.

Alligator skin is no biggie (happens to me often enough) - you can shave it off if it bugs you (good excuse to invest in a beveler from KB!) or just leave it.

Anyway - congrats and enjoy!

Thanks Carebear.

To me that one FO is really really strong. And since it was the very first CP I didn't want to use alot. I did check here to see if it would be a good one for CP, but since I have zero experiance with that I didn't want to use alot and find out it sticks like mad.

Pat

Hi - if you just made your soap, the fragrance hasn't really "Melded" yet. I have used that fragrance at 1 oz per lb and it came out just fine once I had cut the soap and cured it. Give it time. I agree with the rest of them - some of my best soaps were the uglies - and just cause the top is ugly doesn't mean you can't shave it off. Remember - as with all of us - the beauty is within!!!!!Keep on trying!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your encouragement. I do have more soaps to try to do. Just trying to decide on the right one is the problem. Serious blah's right now. Just going to keep planning and looking til something says ME!

And really the top isn't so bad now that they are just about cured. Another week or so should just about do it. And they seem nice and hard already. One day I might even learn how to cut them equally. :embarasse