Hi,new and have read til I am bleary eyed!

My sis in law wants to start making candles to eventually sell.

I have been a soapmaker for over 3 years now so I know the kind of research,experimenting and TESTING TESTING TESTING that needs to go into selling homemade candles....that's why I didn't do it myself.

I have alot of money and time invested in my soap already and my dh would kill me if I took on yet another expensive hobby..lol...

I would however like to make a few candles just for me and maybe to give my sister/cousins/mom and such as gifts.

We have decided that we both would like to use the 8 oz tins,no one around here uses those,they are cool and different.

OK,so we look at all the different waxes and decide to try the IGI comfort wax.

From all the wick research I have done,it looks like the htp83 should work well with these.

I know I need to test a bunch of different wicks but the majority of what I have read so far says that these will work.

I guess I am just wanting a little encouragment...lol....

I will buy a sample pack but not sure exactly which to buy.

Do you all think that it would be wise to start with those wicks?

Or should I get those and some of the zinc wicks,too?

Thanks so much for listening to my silly questions :)

Jenn A

I don't do the 8 oz tins yet, or any container really for that matter, so I can't help ya with the wicks.

However, I did want to welcome you to the board and tell ya that it sounds like you're making a good start. Knowing what you want to make, researching it and preparing for the testing... you can't hardly go wrong. Good Luck :)