Totally Math Challenged & The Pringle Can

Kymber

Ok I am totally math challenged anyway----and today I seem to be having a brain fart on top of it. I searched and read everything I could find on "how much" the pringle can holds. THOUGHT I had it all figured out.....made 2 batches of shaving soap and each batch filled 1/2 a can??? Would someone be so kind and tell me HOW to figure this out so that when I make shaving soap tomorrow I will actually get an entire can of soap! TIA!!!

I want to say a 2lb batch will fill it to the top and then some. To be sure place your empty p. can on your scales, and tare it. Once your at 0 add water til you fill the can full- and there's your weight. I do this with every mold I have when I'm not sure, then if I remember I record my findings for the next time.

I think what I did was weighed the can and tared it, then added water which equaled 2#'s......... then I think I times'd that by .4?? I thought that is what I read to do. Well anyway it filled 1/2 the can. So maybe if I use the 18oz of oil recipe that will work. I don't know...I just know I have always hated math! And that hasn't changed one bit! LOL

Me again :)

I just made some facial soap in the can last night using a 2lb recipe and ended up pouring 3- 4oz individual soaps more after filling the can up.

HTH

this is what happened to me too... I liked the indivuduals a lot better the other one looked like flesh due to the heat I guess (I had honey in the recipe...)

Just had to share my experience :D

pringles1-vi.jpg

pringles2-vi.jpg

these are the four out of the 2 lb batch... I need to make these again, they smelled yummy...

HoneyCalenomile_LOVEIT-vi.jpg

OUCH! that made a mess :tiptoe:! I would have been so bad. I used honey powder (I think that's what it is. It was advertised by a supplier but its more granular) into that soap I made the other night and it looks great, the soap is as light as can be. I wonder if you get any of the same properties using the honey powder like you do real honey. Definately easier to work it.

I think what I did was weighed the can and tared it, then added water which equaled 2#'s......... then I think I times'd that by .4?? I thought that is what I read to do. Well anyway it filled 1/2 the can. So maybe if I use the 18oz of oil recipe that will work. I don't know...I just know I have always hated math! And that hasn't changed one bit! LOL

It won't fill it to the top, but I'll be closer just 2oz off. Like Lavida's I've seen pictures of other's soaps that have expanded so maybe not going to the top is a good thing.

I've done 2 batches recently that I haven't lined, just peeled the can away once it was set up and had no problems.

GL