Where do you get your Shea Butter form?

grey

Hi, I need a Shea Butter supplier. I would like to start my adventure in B&B but the cost of Shea Butter is high. I know that madinaonline.com, has Shea Butter for 2.99/lb. Is this a good price? Is there quality up to pare?

Hi,

I get my shea butter (and many others) from Brambleberry.com. Their shea butter is 6.90/pound. I've looked at different sites and found that they have one of the better varities and prices. As I detest multiple shipping costs, I order from them primarily.

Good luck!

I have never heard of that site and to me I would be a little leary of ording from a place that hasnt been tried. A lot of sheas can be really grainy. You get what you pay for..remember that.

Are you looking for Refined or Unrefined Shea? I use unrefined in soaps because quite frankly the smell is horrid! I use refined shea for my Whipped shea and lotions.

Oils By Nature is an awesome place for butters and Oils.

The difference in quality of shea butter is huge. I too would be wary of that low price and would try some first before making a commitment. I have heard horror stories of shea with twigs, dirt etc in it. The mentioned suppliers all have a quality product.

e

The difference in quality of shea butter is huge. I too would be wary of that low price and would try some first before making a commitment. I have heard horror stories of shea with twigs, dirt etc in it. The mentioned suppliers all have a quality product.

e

etc. = bugs

Wow thanks for everyone's reply. I am interested in unrefined shea butter, even though it does smell strange. I am hoping that I could enfuse the shea butter with a FO to help with the smell. I have not tried any product from madina.com. How does the AK Co-op work?

Wow thanks for everyone's reply. I am interested in unrefined shea butter, even though it does smell strange. I am hoping that I could enfuse the shea butter with a FO to help with the smell. I have not tried any product from madina.com. How does the AK Co-op work?

When the co-op starts, you tell me your name, address and paypal id and how much shea you want. Then I bill you, you pay, (along with the 20-40 other people) I order the shea, when it arrives I box it up and mail it out. That's the simplified version.

You will not be able to participate in co-ops or classifieds in time for the co-op, you have to be a member for 30 days before you can access that part of the board. Sorry, I just noticed you are very new.

www.gardenofwisdom.com is my faithful supplier for years; excellent prices/ immediate shipping/personalized customer service because you can order a sample of anything without paying a fortune only to find out it isn't what you wanted. I've ordered from abangkarite & Bamboultd, & their shea was excellent but expensive & shipping is too high.

I've ordered from abangkarite & Bamboultd, & their shea was excellent but expensive & shipping is too high.

Shipping isn't expensive for me, I live on the same side of the country. If you buy in bulk, over 200lbs, you get a huge discount. That's why the co-ops can get the shea so much cheaper.

When the co-op starts, you tell me your name, address and paypal id and how much shea you want. Then I bill you, you pay, (along with the 20-40 other people) I order the shea, when it arrives I box it up and mail it out. That's the simplified version.

You will not be able to participate in co-ops or classifieds in time for the co-op, you have to be a member for 30 days before you can access that part of the board. Sorry, I just noticed you are very new.

FYI - when you are able to take advantage of the coop section, be aware that not all coops save you money nor are they always a good deal. Sometimes you can get it cheaper on your own. However, Carrie is an awesome coop hostess and her coops are always legit and a good deal. Nothing to worry about with Carrie. I trust her explicitly and you can too. :)