What do I do with my almost gone votive?

Hi all, as I stated in a previous post i'm not used to votives.

I mad my first one and it burned very well.

I used a pillar recipe so before it was sliding out of the holder. Now there is about half of an inch and it doesn't get out. What am I supposed to do?

How do you take the leftovers of votives out of the holder? And if I try to let it burn down to the end will it estinguish itself? I'm totally new at this so i don't know how a tabbed wick behaves.

before I make any mess please help!

TIA

thanks girls, now I'm letting it burn because i have to see what happens.

A question for who doesn't use wick pins in these: do you see the tab on the bottom of the votive? i used the instructions i found here, I waited a moment for the wac to start to cool then put the wick in. I can barely see the tab, I was wondering if I waited too much to add the wick!

Thanks everyone. I let it burn til the end and then I took out the tab from the holder.

I got a lot of soot, maybe because it was a power burn and I didn't trim the wick.

In these days I'll keep on testing.

Thanks!

While we're on the topic of votives and wicks, why isn't a floating wick an issue with votives as it is with container candles? (I don't do containers, but I have read that the wicks have to be glued down or else it could be dangerous). I've burned quite a few votives recently, and my wick has never even come remotely close to floating, but am just wondering if it could be a problem?

I don't know.. the wick wasn't floating. The tab was slightly stick to the bottom. I had to do a bit of pressure to move it and take it out.

But I don't do containers and this was my first votive so I can't be of help!