Great way to fill lip balm tubes.

Robin29

I do not know if anyone has thought this up yet or not, but I found a great, quick, and mess-free way to fill lip balm tubes.

A dosing syringe! Each tube holds just a touch more than 1 tsp. It was soo easy and I did not wind up spilling a bunch of lip balm all over the place.

:yay: Bonus is that the syringe comes apart so it is easy to clean out for re-use.

I use syringes all the time. I also use the styrofoam containers that empty blood tubes come is as a lip balm filling tray. I have found with the syringes after a few uses the rubber part of the plunger gets tacky and hard to use.

Even better is the filling tray from MMS. At first it seems backwards, as it rests at the top of the tubes but it's fantastic. I use a paper cup with it and it works great.

http://www.plastictom.com/HowToUse.html

MMS used to sell these for $35.00 which I thought was outrageous. DH wanted one so bad since he does the lip balms so I finally splurged one day and bought one. And like the next day they went on sale for $8.00. Figures. They now sell them for $10.00. I did buy a couple when they were on sale for $8.00. Great little gadgets.