Scent Review

Tonight I test burned:

Tropical Breeze - Candle Supplies by Farmhouse ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. I am very pleased with this scent. The scent description is coconut, pineapple and orange. The cold throw is strong. The hot throw is awesome. It filled my living room, dining room, foyer and down the hallway in no time.

Banana Pear - Candle Supplies by Farmhouse ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. A very yummy scent. A nice balance of both banana and pear. The cold throw is strong. This fo wasn't as strong as Tropical Breeze. It filled a small bedroom, not a house-filler. I think I'll cure this one a little longer and re-test.

Bartlett Pear - The Candle Source ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. I love this scent, however, it has a very light cold and hot throw. I tested this one in my bathroom and I really couldn't smell it very well. :sad2: I think I will try Peaks Bartlett Pear next.

Thanks. I have a few more that I'm testing from Farmhouse (Ginger Peach Tea, Jasmine Vanilla and Fresh Cake) ... I'm going to let them cure for a few more days before I burn them. I'll post my findings.

Farmhouse is pretty hit or miss for me. But since I do buy their Snowy Pine, Cool Citrus Basil and Honeydew Melon, I'm looking for a few more scents that are must haves. I can pick up my order so I save on shipping ... and, the customer service is awesome.

Thanks DS ... I took my tester of Tropical Breeze to work today ... all positive feedback. This is not a complex scent, but rather a nicely blended, strong combination of coconut, pineapple & orange. It's hard to pick out any one note, but imo, I think the pineapple may be just a little more pronounced than the coconut or orange.

By the way, I tested the Strawberry Shortcake ... it just wasn't a strong enough hot throw for me. So, I'm giving it a thumbs down. The one from WF is much better in our 50/50.

Thanks. I have a few more that I'm testing from Farmhouse.

C - Their french apricot is another must try. It's incredible in straight soy and the best apricot I've come across. Thanks for reviews!

• 2 weeks later...

Candlebuddy, you know I am a newbie so I have to ask...does the 50/50 give a better throw than the pure soy? I am having good luck starting out but I am still learning and the stronger the candle the better I like them...:) You are so helpfull to everyone by the way!!!!Thanks

Tonight I test burned:

Tropical Breeze - Candle Supplies by Farmhouse ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. I am very pleased with this scent. The scent description is coconut, pineapple and orange. The cold throw is strong. The hot throw is awesome. It filled my living room, dining room, foyer and down the hallway in no time.

Banana Pear - Candle Supplies by Farmhouse ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. A very yummy scent. A nice balance of both banana and pear. The cold throw is strong. This fo wasn't as strong as Tropical Breeze. It filled a small bedroom, not a house-filler. I think I'll cure this one a little longer and re-test.

Bartlett Pear - The Candle Source ... 50/50 soy blend ... 8% ... cured for 4 days. I love this scent, however, it has a very light cold and hot throw. I tested this one in my bathroom and I really couldn't smell it very well. :sad2: I think I will try Peaks Bartlett Pear next.

How big are your rooms?

Thanks Yorkie Girl. In my opinion, I think the 50/50 throws better than soy, but that's just me, I'm sure others may disagree. From my testing, it seems to be the best of both worlds.

Chrisasst ... all of the following are approximates:

living room 12 x 14

dining room 12 x 12

foyer 8 x 12

small bedroom 8 x 10

small bathroom 6 x 10

I live in NJ, so I buy it from a supplier (www.candlesuppliesbyfarmhouse.com) that's also in NJ ... I save a ton on shipping.

GL in TX sells a 70/30 blend (70% soy - 30% para) www.greenleafcandlesupply.com

Cajun in LA sells IGI 6006 (soy/para blend) - www.cajuncandles.com

Peak in CO also sells IGI 6006 (soy/para blend) - www.peakcandlesupplies.com

There may be others near you ... check this out ... www.suppliersbystate.com/state-listings.php