Having issues with Wick Bars

Okay, so I'm having a doofus moment...

I have my wicks in my containers (used the wick-centering tool). I'm "attempting" to use wick bars to keep the wick in place....however....how can you be sure you're wick is STAYING centered....the wick bars don't lock down onto the container so they're moving all around. Now I'm having to "eye" these to see if the wick is still centered.

There has to be something I'm missing....anyone care to let me in on the big secret? :grin2:

Thank you!

Mrs. Doofus :P

Guess I wrote my post in a confusing manner...

I'm not having problems holding it in place....once the wick is secured by the wick bar laying across the container, the wick bar itself moves....how do you make sure you have it laying "centered" across the container?

amber I have the same issue with the wick bar so now the are like stir sticks for me lol and I actually use colored pensils with my daughters rubber bands from her braces and the rubber bands are at the end if the jar keeping it in place

I hate the wick bars. I use the wick centering tools made by:

http://www.wickcenteringtool.com

ICS carries them. There is also an "adapter" that you can put between the jar and tool if the tool is too big for the jar to help keep it centered.

They work great for me and are very inexpensive. I just use a clothes pin to hold the wick tight.

Hope this helps some!

That's a good point Jami, I took wick centering tool to mean the same as the ones you link, which have sides on them to keep the wick centered.

I thought she meant she couldn't keep the wick straight going through that.

I hate the wick bars. I use the wick centering tools made by:

http://www.wickcenteringtool.com

ICS carries them. There is also an "adapter" that you can put between the jar and tool if the tool is too big for the jar to help keep it centered.

They work great for me and are very inexpensive. I just use a clothes pin to hold the wick tight.

Hope this helps some!

Thank you..i just asked this question..lol needing somewhere to purchase wicking centering tools..Thanks!!!

Most everything will fall into either the thing-a-ma-jiggy or do-hickey category at some point :laugh2:

the thing-a-ma-jiggy goes on the do-ma-flitch-it to hold that little do-hickey down to the whatcha-ma-call-it.

Guess who else is from the south :laugh2: