first beautiful CPHP...

CareBear

OK ok, I don't know that it's beautiful, but it poured (kinda) into the mold smoothly which is certainly an improvement over my previous attempts.

I learned an important lesson here (besides don't forget the EO). Warm up the measuring cup in which I'll be mixing up the colored portion - that part cooled fast and got stiffer quickly. Next time I'll make sure it's warm!

Now assuming the log is hard/at RT when I get home, I'll unmold it (take pics if I can find batteries) and my next attempt will be tonight...

Darn it all!!!

AWESOME!!!!

:highfive:

There are so many distracting things at pour time, so I line up what I'm adding at the end, near to where the pot is.(just have to be careful not too close or they chance getting knocked over!)

When I want to remove some of the soap to color it, I have a pan on the stove that I've warmed, then put the soap in there (and hope for the best as everything is moving so quickly at that point!! ) I've found it's easier to color the soap that's in the crock pot and add back the removed soap as the uncolored portion. Kind of the opposite of CP swirling.

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see it cut!

the blue sugar? was that from you? The envelope was totally mangled and I'm surprised it got here.

I, uh, er, um misplaced it - but as soon as I find it I'll bring it to work with the Backwoods blue and see what they think.

In the meantime PM me your addy and I'll ship you mine!

I have never done CPHP but HP does shrink a bit as it dries out. It depends on how much of the water is cooked out during the cooking process. I imagine, just imagine I don't know from experience, that CPHP would have more water in it when you put it int he mold, hence the extra shrinkage. Don't quote me on that though, let an experienced CPHPer chime in.

My experience with HP is that the soaps do shrink significantly more over time and even get a little wierd after 6 months or so of being stored in a cardboard box. That is one of the reasons I prefer CP. Maybe I was doing something wrong though.

What's funny is you'd think all the moisture would be cooked out, right?

Bethany