Which do you like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements?

KMommy

I use Photoshop 7.0 and I love it! There is a bit of a learning curve but it is well worth it. Photoshop is the industry standard in image editing and graphic design, so you could never go wrong with that! Both are very good programs that are more useful for somethings than others. Photoshop may be a little harder to get the hang of, but there is almost nothing it cannot do.

There are a million forums and tutorials online to get you going and keep you inspired. Many of them will teach you the tricks from start to finish!

I'm on to learning Adobe Illustrator now and thats a whole other ball of WAX!

(pun intended! ;) )

I think most people just get comfortable with something framiliar. When they come out with updates they change some small things here or there and add or remove others. It's not a huge difference but just enough to annoy those who don't like changes. I have Photoshop CS but I still use the 7.0 more only because It feels more natural to me. I use the CS to do text on a path or shape cause it's easier, I'm sure theres many more new features but the 7.0 still does more than enough for me.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I also use Photoshop 7.0. It seems to do better with the things I want to do, than PSP. That's not to say you'll like it, but I like to do crazy editing sometimes for my 'other' job and it does soooo great with alpha textures and filters.

I have Paint Shop X, and love it. I use it all the time for business stuff, and for my graphic designs, as well as painting. Very versatile, can be used for a ton of stuff from scrap book pages to beginnings of animation. Only reason I bought this over Photoshop was the money, but I also know you can do alot of photoshop stuff with PSP, just have to get used to figureing out the tool bars between the 2, but they are similiar. All depends on what you are looking for in a program. I also have Photoshop elements 2, and use that for my sketching, but otherwise I use my PSP. Feel free to email or pm me if you have any questions.