Candle Science wick guide

Does anyone here use the guide on Candle Science for their wick testing? Is it pretty close in accuracy? Also, how are their fragrances?. I thought I had ordered from them before, but can't find any bottles with their name on it. Although that doesn't mean there aren't any here. I need to find a one stop store, but know that is never gonna happen with me.

I've found that I usually need to go up 1 or 2 sizes from what they have listed on their site.

All of the oils I've gotten from them have been fantastic in soy. I buy the ones with the 3 leaf rating since they've tested in soy and found them to be good throwers.

The oils I have bought have been very good. I highly recomment the cranberry marmalade and the blueberry cheesecake. These are my 2 latest ones and the cranberry marmalade is drool worthy. Just now made the blueberry cheesecake using the frost palm and it is smelling strong cold throw. I have started buying quite a bit from them. They are much closer to me and their service is outstanding.

When I first started a few months back, someone suggested that guide for me, I too have found with HTP and LX that I've had to go at least 1 wick up from their guide, so now I just +1 to whatever wick it suggests and usually come out pretty close, unless it's heavy color/FO. It's an awesome guide, especially for someone without a clue like me! :) HTH some.

Haven't tried many FO suppliers yet, so can't help you on that one.

I have also had to go up 1 size from what the wick guide says but now that I know that, I just go up one and 95% of the time it works great.

It has been bugging me what the little leaves next to the soy performance meant on the CS website for FO's. You all might know but for those who don't and are curious, here is what they told me it meant:

Not all fragrances throw well in soy so we test and evaluate them before adding them to the web site. One leaf indicates the fragrance throw will fill approximately the space of one room such as a kitchen, bathroom or bedroom.

Two leaves indicate a fragrance throw that fills approximately the space of two rooms such as a living room and dining room.

Three leaves indicates a fragrance throw that could fill an entire floor of your house.

I have tried the wildberry mousse and cranberry marmalade. They were great throwers. I have a few more that I ordered and will be here tomorrow or Wednesday so I will see how these do as well.

I don't use their wick guide because they don't carry the CD's (which I use). But I do order their FO's and LOVE THEM!! :drool: I purchase the ones with 3 leafs and get a fantastic hot and cold throw. So far, my favorites are Cranberry Marmalade, Rain Water, Strudel & Spice, Banana Nut Bread and Peach.

I am quite happy with CS' oils. Banana Nut Bread, Cranberry Marmalade and Vanilla Hazelnut are fabulous. I have poured but not burned apples & maple bourbon--wonderful cold throw.

I can't think of the others I have used, but right now I'm loving the cranberry marm.--it's getting added to my line.

Thank You all for the info, very helpful. I did order the cranbery marmalade,and now I can't wait to try it. I als ordered some strawberry,and the glass glow palm. I sure hope I like this strawberry,really having trouble with it and the ones I do like don't throw very well.

I sure hope I like this strawberry,really having trouble with it and the ones I do like don't throw very well.

You aren't the only one having trouble with strawberry. I am having major problems with it in soy too. I have tried just about all of them that seem to work for everyone else. They don't work for me :angry2:

I have strawberry rhubarb from KY Candle curing right now. I have to say its the strongest cold throw I have gotten yet from strawberry.

The ironic part of all this, I can mix strawberry with peach or banana and smell the strawberry but sure can't smell it alone in a candle. It's not just my nose either, no one else can. My strawberry tarts are fine but once I add that wick factor, forget it lol.

I have some parasoy blends and I think that I am going to have to use those for strawberry if I ever want to get it to throw.

Let me know how it works for you!

Jami, I got the strawberry today, and right now I have poured votives, using 4794, (and a few tarts), a 16oz wide mouth jelly jar, using 6006. Both of these I use zinc wicks for. I am getting ready to do a 16oz apothecary jar using the new glass glow, and a 16 csn wick. So far it all smells great and the strawberry smell itself is very good. I will let you know in a couple of days about the hot throw. I also poured the wilberry mousse, and am really loving that,too