Forever Candles?

Good morning,

I've been drooling over everyone's forever candles and finally tried them--I don't think I'll ever wick a pillar again. :bliss: But, I was just wondering what kind of feedback you've received from customers. Has anyone had a problem with removing the old wick tab to insert a new tea light? How are they selling for you? So far I've had good feedback from the people I've shown them to. Most really like that the candle design doesn't get ruined. A few others couldn't grasp the concept--some folks don't like change to the status quo. I see so many design possibilities--I've got to get more wax. TTIA

I thought the same thing when I started making them. I said never again will I wick another Pillar. I just put the tea light (plastic cup) in the glass tea light cup so when the tea light is done all I have to do is take that empty tea light & replace with another. There is no taking out of the wick tab cause its in the plastic cup..i'm throwing away. Make sense?

My glass tea light is (IN) the candle. You don't take the glass tea light out.

Good morning,

I've been drooling over everyone's forever candles and finally tried them--I don't think I'll ever wick a pillar again. :bliss: But, I was just wondering what kind of feedback you've received from customers. Has anyone had a problem with removing the old wick tab to insert a new tea light? How are they selling for you? So far I've had good feedback from the people I've shown them to. Most really like that the candle design doesn't get ruined. A few others couldn't grasp the concept--some folks don't like change to the status quo. I see so many design possibilities--I've got to get more wax. TTIA

post-5306-139458426838_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kay. I inserted the plastic tea light cup in the candle. So, when the tea light burned the tab was left. Hmmm I wondered if I could get a tea light cup large enought to hold the plastic one. Thanks again. I'm off to order some glass tea light cups. I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!!

You can put a glass votive cup in there, then the customer has the option to drop a tealight or votive in it.

I am finding it hard to keep the glass still till it starts to set up.

Think I am going to make a plug for it and then just insert the glass when done.

Kay did a great job posting her technique for doing this and that's what I used--thanks again, Kay.

I

I thought about a votive glass, but I really like seeing the flame.

I've found plenty of plastic tea light cups. Can someone point me in the direction of the glass ones:confused: TIA

I use the oyster cups to set tea lights in. They're about twice the depth as a tea light, but not near as deep as a votive. The sides flare out towards the top. They're with the votive glasses at Wal-mart and the dollar stores. Not sure if it's what you're looking for though...

I'm finding this type of candle very interesting! Question though about fragrance throw...........is there any hot throw? Or do you scent the tealights? Explain please..........they are beautiful and I hate to melt my beautiful pillars!

Since the pillar doesn't burn any scent will be from the tea light. As far as scent goes with the tea lights, that is strickly up to you. You can use either. If you make your own tea lights you will know exactly how hot they get. I have never been a fan of the store bought ones.

Would some one please help me? I have searched and asked with no advice. How does everyone keep the votive or tealite glass centered? Also how do you keep it from not floating and flipping once you pour the hot wax in??My hands are not steady to hold a stick dowm there. Is this the only way?Thanks for any advice..

Thanks SatinDucky. You've gotta love WallyWorld!!:grin2: I've really gotta get my addiction under control and beat my husband home before the UPS guy shows up. I need more wax, more wax, more wax, more wax.....

Cindys, I don't know if this will help, but what I do is place the cup in the center of the mold and use a scewer to hold it down while I pour a small amount of wax in the mold. Let that set and then pour the rest of the wax in.

Would some one please help me? I have searched and asked with no advice. How does everyone keep the votive or tealite glass centered? Also how do you keep it from not floating and flipping once you pour the hot wax in??My hands are not steady to hold a stick dowm there. Is this the only way?Thanks for any advice..

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80895&highlight=everlasting+forever

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49088&highlight=everlasting+forever