I had my candle party

I had my candle party on Thursday night. Eight guests came, plus the hostess. It was so nice to hear everybody complementing the candles/tarts. It went from about 7:30 till 10:00 and I sold about $350.

I was ecstatic...but the hostess felt bad? She invited 20 people....

But the way I see it is, 8 candle people is better than 20 regular people...the eight ladies really loved the candles.

Another lady at the party said, she wants to host a party, so I guess that I will be doing this again some day.

Eve

Hey 8 people is great! A former co-worker of mine hosted a PL candle party...invited a bunch of her friends, had made desserts, snacks and punch, then sat there and waited and waited and waited...not one person showed up!!!!!! YIKES..that would suck! You did great!

Hey 8 people is great! A former co-worker of mine hosted a PL candle party...invited a bunch of her friends, had made desserts, snacks and punch, then sat there and waited and waited and waited...not one person showed up!!!!!! YIKES..that would suck! You did great!

Oh, that is horrible. I would be in the dumps if that happened to me.

8 people out of 20 is a very good turn out. Somewhere out there, there's a lovely little math calculation for how many people to invite, etc. I haven't done a party in ages, but I usually encouraged them to invite at least 40 people. But I've learned a lot of the attendance depends on the hostess following up personally with her invitations. Calling and re-inviting them, or handing them out in person to start with, and taking the time to get them excited about everything before they even come. I've had some outstanding hostesses (over $500 in less than 2 hours), and some that didn't do anything (2 guests, both more lookers than buyers, but bought something I think out of guilt honestly).

I read somewhere that you should expect 30% of the people you invite to actually show up. 8 out of 20 is good! I've had 2 parties, the first was about 9 people (out of 40 invited) and the second was 4 people. Sales were ok but not great. My first hostess wants to have another show later in the summer for the ones that couldn't attend the first so hopefully we'll have higher numbers the second time around. Good luck with your parties.

That's very encouraging for only 8 people to ring up that much in sales. That's an average ticket price of $43.75 per person--not too shabby!

Another way of looking at it is, you earned $140 per hour in sales. Doesn't that sound great!