? about reed diffusers

countrycandles

I have 5 ounce vases that I use and I only use 2 ounces of fragrance oil. The way my vases are designed if they tip over, the FO won't spill out (which is a huge selling point). Does your FO mixture evaporate over time?

I made up my first testers 13 months ago and they are 1/2 gone but still smelling strong. If I remember - I flip my reeds once or twice a week. I don't know if I would say the diffuser oil "evaporates" but is absorbed into the reeds. When the exposed reeds begin to dry out or not be as strong, flipping them aides in the absorption. Does that make "scents" ?

I understand. I asked the question in the event that an alcohol based "mixture" was used and that would explain the need to fill the bottle. Wow 13 months--that's a long time...did you need to replace your reeds because they became too saturated?

I understand. I asked the question in the event that an alcohol based "mixture" was used and that would explain the need to fill the bottle. Wow 13 months--that's a long time...did you need to replace your reeds because they became too saturated?

Nope - no need to replace the reeds yet. They have been flipped alot of times and are as sturdy as when I first put them in the base.

I made up my first testers 13 months ago and they are 1/2 gone but still smelling strong. If I remember - I flip my reeds once or twice a week. I don't know if I would say the diffuser oil "evaporates" but is absorbed into the reeds. When the exposed reeds begin to dry out or not be as strong, flipping them aides in the absorption. Does that make "scents" ?

Did you make your own base or did you buy a pre mixed base? I ask b/c I purchased the Reed Diff base from a company and I make a 50/50 mixture, then I made a 60/40 minture NO THROW