LX 24 & LX 26 for 3" pillars

Has anyone tested these in their soy pillars? I use 1.5 oz FO/lb soy wax and I'm leaning towards the LX 26, but don't want to over wick. Just curious. *shrug* :confused: If not the LX's what do you use??

Would you mind letting me know what you found? I use a 3" square tumbler and tried the LX 26 (in 3 different pure soy waxes) and it seems to burn hot so the candle doesn't last as long. I just ordered LX24's as the 22's are not quite hot enough.

I tried to find all my threads I read in my search, here is some of the info...You know I always have problems with the square ones tho. The round pillars always tend to burn better :(

Quotes from other similar threads:

(sorry I didn't note who quoted what)

"In my experience ECO, CD, or LX wicks burn wider, and RRD tends to burn down. You could even put a Square Braid in there, about a #2 or #3. They melt really wide."

"IMO the LX's sometimes need to be upped at least 2 sizes than from what is recommended."

"And RRDs will bend as much as CD/HTP in soys, but bend less in palm waxes.In 2.5" containers you'll need at least an LX24 with something like the "advanced" soys and at least an LX26 with the "regular" soys. With the paraffin/soy blends start at around LX18. (All assuming 6% FO.)"

Wick Chart from CandleWic

I don't know if that helps at all, but it is some of what I found...I just used the google search tool for the boards above and looked for threads on LX wicks.

g'luck