How do you register a name?

firstlady

I'm about to embrassed to ask, but i'm clueless when it comes to this legal stuff on candles. i made a thank you basket for a lady and she put it in her beauty shop. it was just tarts and wickless candles with an electric candle warmer. but some of her customers are asking her about them and she has offered to put some of them if i wanted to in her shop. but i would still like for them to have a candle maker name on them, but i don't know where or how i'm suppose to go about registering for a name. any help i would appreciate. because i will get my candles to where i'm as happy with them as i am my tarts and wickless ones. dh says my 8 ozjj and my wide mouth mason jar (120zs) is good too. he thinks i'm too strict on my self, but if i can't get it to where i'm proud to say i make that candle then it don't leave my house.:cheesy2:

IT might be good to do some research about it. Every state, county and type of business is different. In Ohio you have to register a business name with the state, but you can get a vendor's lisc. from the county or the state depending on what kind you need. You don't nessicarly have to have a business name registered to get a vendor's lisc. It can get pretty confusing. I would go to your state's website and see if you can make sense of thier crazy business jargon.

The business name would be good for you to get becasue if they will be sold from her shop they should fit under her vendors lisc. If you were to sell at say a farmers market you would need your own vendor's lisc. Hope that helps atleast some!