help with colour ideas please.....

I am hoping that the attachment worked...lol...this is the colour of the bridesmaid dresses and I am making butterfly and flower floating candles. What are some ideas for colours that would go with this colour? She said she doesnt care but I need to do centerpieces and want to mix it up a bit. Thank you for help!!!

post-2102-139458426275_thumb.jpg

It doesnt really matter to me, she said the dress is like an greeny/robins egg blue colour...??? I was thinking to do all the butterflies in one colour and the flowers different, but then again I still am not too sure. I suck at matching colours! I like burgundy and mint thought...that would work. The wedding is outside too.

I love pink or peach with that color. I'd go for a co-ordinating color rather than trying to match the same shade of blue/green.

You are thinking like I am. That is what I thought too...all are good suggestions. Thank you!!!

You'll have to find out what other colors she is using in the wedding and go from there. Flowers, Cake decorations, etc. I'd use whatever range she is using.

Cream and teal is elegant, but white would look good also, IMHO.

An understanding of color theory will help with your dilemma. Colors have two basic underlying tones - blue and yellow. Any color with blue undertones will coordinate with any other color with blue undertones but it will not coordinate well with colors with yellow undertones. Teal is a yellow-based color.

You'll have to find out what other colors she is using in the wedding and go from there. Flowers, Cake decorations, etc. I'd use whatever range she is using.

Cream and teal is elegant, but white would look good also, IMHO.

An understanding of color theory will help with your dilemma. Colors have two basic underlying tones - blue and yellow. Any color with blue undertones will coordinate with any other color with blue undertones but it will not coordinate well with colors with yellow undertones. Teal is a yellow-based color.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense! Her other colours are silver and white.

I'm partial to brown w/ that color blue.....looks great on my Vera Bradley purse!
:)

That may be a NEW color trend, and some of the floral suppliers I use has that color combo but IMO I can't stand those colors together. Just like the pink & brown, also.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense! Her other colours are silver and white.

I am also a Floral Designer and I wouldn't think she or her Floral Designer would use just White & Silver in the flowers.

If you can find out what other colors will be used in the flowers, that would help you. You should only use colors that will be used in the wedding. See if you can get any color swatches, fabric, ribbon, napkins, silk flowers, etc.

Good Luck.

That may be a NEW color trend, and some of the floral suppliers I use has that color combo but IMO I can't stand those colors together. Just like the pink & brown, also.

Well, if she does happen to go with those colors, make sure you don't make an appearance at the wedding....would hate for you to vomit because you were forced to be in the company of a NEW color trend.

All hail the mighty florist....he hath spoken....:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well, if she does happen to go with those colors, make sure you don't make an appearance at the wedding....would hate for you to vomit because you were forced to be in the company of a NEW color trend.

Everyone has their likes & dislikes and this is just one of my many. I just don't care for some of the new color trends out there. We all are different and it shows in the many different and wonderful things I see posted here. To each their own.

Everyone has their likes & dislikes and this is just one of my many. I just don't care for some of the new color trends out there. We all are different and it shows in the many different and wonderful things I see posted here. To each their own.

I think I would love my bathroom in teal and chocolate brown - Tile and mahogany. Awesome. Cashmere (brown) and silk (teal) in a dress or suit - awesome.

Not my choice for a wedding, though (chocolate and teal). I would like the teal and cream roses for a wedding. White and silver - I'd have to see it. I'm sure it will look nice.

I think I would love my bathroom in teal and chocolate brown - Tile and mahogany. Awesome. Cashmere (brown) and silk (teal) in a dress or suit - awesome.

Not my choice for a wedding, though (chocolate and teal). I would like the teal and cream roses for a wedding. White and silver - I'd have to see it. I'm sure it will look nice.

Love the idea of creams...

Her colours are silver, white and this blue/green teal robins egg blue...that is it. Maybe all florists are different but that is all she is having for the colours. I like the idea of teals, raspberry, peach etc...spring colours.....Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. Hubby and I decided we are going to try all the different ideas and see. I will take pics this weekend and post and then you can see for yourself.....thanks again...

Oh is there somewhere I can go and look at colour ideas, matching etc...?