ZenCart USPS new rate issue

dpowell

For those of you using ZenCart with the USPS API shipping calculator I just thought I'd let you know that your checkout will not work and people won't be able to order.

I was putting through some manual orders and found this out this morning. Also, had a few customers e-mail me saying they couldn't get to the checkout screens. :mad:

According to ZenCart the problem is that the Post Office in all its brilliance in changing rates and adding the required box dimension to the equation forgot to update their online shipping system. ZenCart admins have received the information today and are working on updating so that the API works again.

We went to a temporary table rate shipping until this gets sorted and that fixed the problem for people to checkout.

OSCommerce users - I read on the ZenCart forum that there is a fix for the USPS problem already but I haven't confirmed it.

I just spent hours making error after error. Fixed one created one. My host was sitting there laughing at me. Glad someone found amusement out of my coding issues, sigh! I really hope your shipping issues are fixed soon!

I use oscommerce and use the USPS Methods contribution. A fix for the new rates was put out for that one about 2 weeks ago so on Monday it was just a 5 minute install and it was done.

It's nice when the authors of the contributions are on top of things or else it can be a big mess.