Can you help with my FBB recipe?

ginkay

So, I finally dug out my sample lb of FBB to try it. I used 8oz FBB, 1/2oz. of Hazelnut oil, 3% Cyclomethicone NF, and .5% Liquipar Optima. Tea Tree and Rosemary EO. I then whipped it for about 5 minutes.

The results:

1- Got fluffy, but was harder today. I don't think it got double it's size. Is this because I didn't whip it enough?

2- Didn't suds a lot on my face, but boy did the washcloth suds up.

3 - It felt great going on but it was just slightly drying around my nose afterwards. I have normal skin. Used last night, and this morning my face felt very slightly oily, or could this be it just felt smooth and soft? dunno.gif

4 - My daughter has oily skin, but she said it felt a little tight around her temples afterwards.

So, should I add more oils to this or will this make my face feel really oily? Should I use something with or instead of the hazelnut oil?

It was okay for me (normal skin type) and my DD (oily), but rough on my mom who has very dry skin. So i'm back to the drawing board.

How can i get this softer and whippier? Did I not whip long enough? Or is it because I didn't whip enough at a time? I saw the recommendations that you whip no less than 2 pounds, but I didnt want to use all I had to test it.

Can I rewhip this that I made with more to adjust the recipe?

I'm shooting for a facial cream soap with this and would love any comments, recommendations.

Thanks so much Ginger

Hey Ginger...how are ya? Have ya moved back my way yet? LOL...hope this is the right Ginger.

I have whipped and whipped this stuff and it still will not stay fluffy. When I add more oils it isnt really bubbly. I add apricot kernal meal to mine to use as a facial scrub. I always have to follow up with a moisturizer though.

I recently bought some FFB from the Chemistry Store. According to their directions it says to do 2 lbs of FFB at a time because any less than that won't create enough volume around the mixer beaters to get it to whip correctly. Could it be maybe you just didn't have enough FFB in the bowl to get a good whip going :whip:

Hey Ginger! How ya doing? Long time no talk, LOL! For a creamier soap, I would add some more oil, and also add some aloe vera juice. Don't forget to add a preservative if you add more liquid. I use alot of jojoba, ako, and fco in mine! I also add about 1 oz pp of foam booster! HTH!

When I am doing my soapy scrub, it will come out of a malibu, so it is of a creamier consistency. I add about 4 oz or so. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less, depending on how heavy of an oil. But I also add some water and aloe to it too! And the foam booster! I do add a few ounces of shea butter pp too, so that could help your issue that you have with it feeling too drying. HTH