cookie cutter candles?

i bought some cookie cutters this weekend and make one with a cookie cutter and could not get the embed to stay in the mold can anyone tell me how to do this and whats the best way to make the cookie cutter with wax? i tried filling the cookie cutter with wax and that didnt work very well. thanks in advance for all replys

Not Donita, but many times the embeds that are up against the side of the container are held there with chunks (they are chunk candles). Actually if you look at Donita's web site, I think she has some like that.

As for making the shapes, I bought some little cutters at a wax supplier's today. He told me when they make them, they just our the wax on a cookie sheet and then put the cutters into the wax. When the wax dries they lift the sheet and the shapes pop out. Going to try it today sometime. Of course I had to buy several shapes lol.

One way you can get different shapes is to pur the wax on a cookie sheet (like mentioned above), give it about 25-30 minutes to set, then press the cookie cutters into the warm wax to create the shapes. Pull them out of the cookie sheet and place on wax paper to cool. (with the left over wax, you can either remelt it or cut that into chunks.

HTH - ;)

If you're making a round candle, it helps to put the cut shape in there while it's still warm enough to be pliable. That will keep wax from seeping between the cutout and the mold. Just gently press it inside until it has the same curve as the mold. Of course, this isn't necessary with a square mold. As for holding it in place... After it's good and hard, I heat the side of the mold with a heat gun where the shape will go. Then put the cut out in place. The side against the mold should melt just slightly, then hold it in place until it cools off. It will be stuck. For the rest of the candle, I pour the wax a bit cooler than normal, probably around 160. Others may be able to make these with a nice shiny surface, but I find it's much easier to go for the layered/rustic look. It wont melt your cutout ;)