Shipping Body Butter in Hot Weather

Mexitan

It's been my experience that it will melt. What I do is cover the top with plastic wrap or sure-seal being sure the piece is large enough to overlap the sides. Then screw the cap on tightly and use a razorblade (I use a wallpaper trimmer) to trim off any excess and keep your jar looking neat. This will keep the product out of the lid and from leaking if it does melt.

I always tape a little note to the top with instructions for customers to place jar upright at room temp., take off the lid and allow the butter to re-solidify. I also do this with my lotion tubes. HTH

WooHOO!! Something I actually have any answer for! This is what I use to ship in the heat of summer (or in the winter to my Australian customers, it's summer during our winter I found out the hard way, lol). The costs were nominal IMO as my customers are always impressed by the extra care taken and it always brings em back ;)

http://www.uline.com/AdvSearchResult.asp?Ref=Pwrshp&Source=ALL&keywords=ice+packs

WooHOO!! Something I actually have any answer for! This is what I use to ship in the heat of summer (or in the winter to my Australian customers, it's summer during our winter I found out the hard way, lol). The costs were nominal IMO as my customers are always impressed by the extra care taken and it always brings em back ;)

http://www.uline.com/AdvSearchResult.asp?Ref=Pwrshp&Source=ALL&keywords=ice+packs

Thanks for that link. Which ones do you use!

I called Uline...they didn't know how long either the cold brick or the cold pack would stay cold. Any feedback from your customers on this? They recommended using the cool shield bubble with the cold packs. Do you use them?

(I have a container in a box out in the sun right now, wrapped with bubble wrap to see how hot it gets before it'll melt..It's 84 degrees out right now. I guess I should stick one in the mailbox too to see how it goes)

I so appreciate the help with this!

You can also use Water Crystals http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index7&title_bar=Water%20Crystals&recordno=3&Product_CatalogID=631&ProductCodeID=80&ProductSubCodeID=264&NewProduct=0

I have made some up and put them in ziplock bags and then froze them and shipped my stuff without problems. Not sure but they might weigh less than those ice packs.

You can also use Water Crystals http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index7&title_bar=Water%20Crystals&recordno=3&Product_CatalogID=631&ProductCodeID=80&ProductSubCodeID=264&NewProduct=0

I have made some up and put them in ziplock bags and then froze them and shipped my stuff without problems. Not sure but they might weigh less than those ice packs.

That's an interesting idea...Thanks!

It's 86 degrees, and yep, it's starting to melt. Will have to do something.

You all are amazing with your ideas!

The ice pack is a great idea, some questions : can you ship the packs using USPS?Will it be considered liquid?

Isn't it going to be really expensive though to ship this with your product?Especially after the recent rate increase from USPS.

My lotion bar melted during shipping and I am looking for some way to ship this thing without melting so I can still sell during the summer.