Finally putting my Shape Masters Mold to Good Use

It felt so liberating to make soap and not have to line my mold. I almost took a bra and burned it in the name of freedom:pI got my mold from http://www.shape-master.com/

Made four 14 bar batches in less than 20 minutes. The bars are 8.5 oz each, then I cut them in half.

Glacial Raspberry Fusion:

100_997611.jpg

Better Than Sex

100_9974.jpg

Black Raspberry Vanilla:

100_9972.jpg

I LOVE those molds! I had mine cut down into smaller pieces...unfortunately, my husband thought they were trash (he's STILL alive) and threw them out. I never ordered another, but seeing your soaps makes me long for them again.

They're fine for CP as long as you don't put them in the oven.

Thanks for looking! The mold is huge, 25 compartments at 8 oz each. So I park myself on the floor and remove the soaps, even my 5'11.5" self breaks a sweat with this one getting the bars out. The bars straight out the mold are about 8-9 oz depending on how high you fill it. I cut mine straight down the middle. I love the size and the feel of the bars in my hand.

PS, yes, the soaps are CP, and I have used the mold twice before for HP as well. Works like a charm. And so cheap!

http://www.shape-master.com/cavity-trays.asp

Yes, black plastic:

25-cavity-tray-large.jpg

I see a lot of possibilities in their cavity trays. I see a bath bomb mold, a bath melt mold, and possible a round soap mold. Oh, a mini loaf mold too!

The entire thing cost me about $29 which included shipping. If you contact them they get right back to you.

Thanks for looking! The mold is huge, 25 compartments at 8 oz each. So I park myself on the floor and remove the soaps, even my 5'11.5" self breaks a sweat with this one getting the bars out.

Is it hard to demold or is it just because it's heavy from so much soap in it ?

Btw your soaps look wonderful.

It is heavy with the soap in it. The soaps pop right out once you turn it upside down and rub the base.

i might have to get myself a few of those molds. the price is great. has anyone else tried these molds?

BTW, your soaps look nice as always

I have some mold like that but they are kinda bluish and I cant get the

soap out for the life of me, I tried like 3 times and was almost in tears, I tried freezing, etc. What is the trick. I finally greased them up with mineral oil and that helped some but not very good, I loved the shape of the bars and how neat they looked just couldn't get the bars out.

Janis

I dont know about the bluish color molds, they may be a totally different material than this one. I sprayed mine with pam, cause I could not find the baby oil (mineral oil) anywhere. They came out pretty easily.

Yes, I poured the soap into each compartment, and then I let the soap set for about 30 minutes since I over-pour and did not want to lay the wax paper on the wet soap. Once it sets a bit, I cover with wax paper, take a giant comforter and fold it in half. I lay the comforter on the floor and sit the soap on it, then I fold the other half over the soap. Makes a perfect gelling "pad." They hold up fine through the gelling process.