Using muffin tins as molds for bath bombs?

T

Thanks, Maggie! Do I just squash all the ingredients in nice and tight, and then let them dry?

Yes thats all you do fill them up squash them until tight..flip the muffin tin over and tap lightly on the table....and let them dry before packaging them..Have fun....HTH's

Hugs Maggie

I bought my stainless steel meatballer for around $5 from a kitchen store. Those are great. I would buy one of those over the silicone muffin pans, if that is what you were talking about. If not, I would be afraid with the metal ones, the fragrance would react with the teflon somehow. :confused: Not sure on that one.

Thanks for the thoughts, y'all!

I had been thinking of the silicone muffin pans - I've got one with heart-shaped cavities and thought it might be cute.

asheebeans, about how big is the meatballer, and do you just scoop the bombs out and then set them out on something to dry? I'd be afraid mine would fall apart and end up being fizzy bath powder. :grin2:

And where would you find different-shaped molds for bath bombs? I've looked, but have only found rounds ones so far. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places.

I have a meatballer also it's a smaller one. I just press the ends together as hard as I can and then gently put them apart. I've not had a problem with not coming out so far. But I take them out as soon as I get them smashed in there good while they are still moist I don't wait. HTH

This is JMHO on the muffin tins. Since you aren't letting the bombs setting in them very long I don't see that the fo would be a problem with the teflon.

can you use your hands like making a snowball?

I'm from Texas, what do I know from making snowballs? :laugh2: I've never been that good at making things anywhere close to spherical, and I wouldn't trust myself to make them look pretty.

I may have to go find myself a meatballer.