Oils for face?

My skin didn't react too well with jojoba, got clogged pores... though that could be because it was also dry so had an accumulated layer of dead skin cells. Didn't really dare to try it again, though it sank in pretty darn fast.

I use a combination of macadamia nut oil and avocado oil. Sinks right in, absolutely no greasy residue, just a nice, matte or dewy sheen, depending on how much I put on, less in the morning, more at night :) It's also odorless, just a faint sweet nutty smell that fades in less than a minute.

The mac provides super-quick absorption and palmitoleic acid, while the avocado provides lots of nutrients and moisture and other concentrated goodness. I smeared a lot of customers at my boutique with it recently and they were all impressed with how quickly it sank in.

I'm thinking of getting some emu oil to play with, though :D

Out of curiosity, anyone know how pure Monoi does on the face? I use it on my neck every morning after my shower and it is wonderful but I am scared to use it straight up on my face because I have such temperamental skin (read look at it wrong and my pores clog).:embarasse

I use mango butter, jojoba and sunflower in my face lotion. I have terrible problems with adult acne and this does the trick most of the time. I started out with just the sunflower oil as that is supposed to be no problem for difficult skin. Then I added the jojoba and finally the mango until I was happy I was not going to breakout.

Spacegirl, I gave a few treatment pumps of monoi to 3 of my over 50 friends to try on their faces, but I haven't heard back from them on it. I've never had a complexion problem of any kind, but when I used it, I got what seems to be the beginning of a zit. Not sure, though, since I never really had more than one or two in my 55 years. I stopped with the straight monoi, and it went away after exfoliating. I do a scrub on my face at least 3x a week. I went back to squalane.

I can't say that the monoi caused this since I'm going through hormonal changes. Now that it has cleared (it never did come to the surface), I'm going to give it another try. BTW--I also use a light moisturizer.