why o' why did I switch

Ok, I have been using 4794 wax...My votives were working great...I decided to try GB 415 for containers...I may have done something stupid...I mix 3/4 lb of 4794 with 1/4 lb of 415 & added stearin(sp) acid stuff plus universal additives and ....well my wicks are drowning in my containers with in 3 hours.( I searched drowning wicks and found some info) Should I not have mixed these wax or maybe not have added the acid or universal. The votives I made are doing basically the same with little scent..(container has a little more scent)...I am just lost now with the soy wax....this is after I just ordered some soy votive wax(v-1)....maybe I should just stick with my pure paraffin votives...

**sorry just had to rant**

I'm sorry, but I can't help with the 4794 / GB415 Blend and drowning wick. I just wanted to let you know the C-1 is a container wax. V-1 is the votive wax.

Did some quick research. 4794 is a votive blend and GB 415 is a container wax. This may be the problem. I'm no expert, but I hope this helps.

I would say it would be the stearic acid or the universal additive. I've played with both in other formulas, not the one you are using though, and both made my pillar wicks fizzle to nothing.

Why are you adding them? If you feel you need those two ingredients, try the new csn wicks from candlescience. They are doing great in my hard to wick formulas I've been working with.

You didn't say which wicks you are working with, what are you using?

I can see adding USA to the 415, but you are definitely adding too much stuff to your blend. Usually if you blend 3:1 paraffin to soy you don't need any additives. I ran into the same issue when I was trying to blend J50 with 415. If you want a good parasoy try the Greenleaf or the KY parasoy. If you want to try a known quantity try blending the 415 with 2% USA or 3% beeswax.

geek :D