M&P rose petal soap ??

afislady

Today I actually looked at pics on a board I go onto and someone dipped their petals in colored M&P soap -so it can be done. You can pm me and I can send you the link if you'd like to see it. But the idea is to see the actual petal you used -using clear gives the illusion that its just a petal. ;)

[ATTACH]1873[/ATTACH] Here is the white M&P soap that was colored. In the person's pic file it said rose petals, but some look like shavings. Like I said in the pm I've never seen curled ones. This will at least give you an idea what dipped ones will look like in colored M&P. HTH :thumbsup:

post-119-139458381905_thumb.jpg

Do they have to be silk flower petals or is other materials ok? I have some petals but they arent real silk. feel like it but you can tell they aint

No, they don't have to be real silk. I got a bunch at the dollar store to try first. Ok, it was a rose bunch and I cut the petals off :rolleyes2 You can do fall leaves or what ever tickles your fancy :D

Guest EMercier

I've read a few different methods. You can hand them on tag board (on the edges), you can lay them on wax paper and peel off. You can also, thread them and dip them. I guess it'm what works best for you. I bought some rose bunches that I was going to cut the petals and do a few to test, thought about trying the wax paper method.

I tried the wax paper thing and I dont like it. They dont look like the ones you buy. I think the soap soaked through a little bit and puddled on the bottom. Myabe I should try to add a smidge of water to thin it out? or maybe I will hang the next time. I know one thing a little bit of soap does a whole lot of petals

• 1 year later...

When I first started making these, I tried the string, but found it too time consuming. I ended up using the foamcore board (I believe it's shown the the Bittercreek site). It was fast and easy for me.

I always use clear base. I do my petals a bit different -- I don't sell them loose, I reconstruct the petals (and leaves) into an actual rose.

Here's a pic from my site: http://hanabotanicals.com/index_files/Page5842.htm

When I first started making these, I tried the string, but found it too time consuming. I ended up using the foamcore board (I believe it's shown the the Bittercreek site). It was fast and easy for me.

I always use clear base. I do my petals a bit different -- I don't sell them loose, I reconstruct the petals (and leaves) into an actual rose.

Here's a pic from my site: http://hanabotanicals.com/index_files/Page5842.htm

wow that is beautiful!!

so you buy the rose and cut it dip it and then

put it back together?

cheryl

CC - those roses are beautiful! I wish I had the patience to do that! Maybe I'll get bored one day and decide to do something like that. ;)

I use clear MP and I get my petals from the floral wholesale place (it's nice having a mom that is a designer & shop owner! ;) ). I think last time I was there I paid $2 for 100 petals. I got all kinds of colors too! But anyway, what I do is melt my soap in a crock pot double boiler thingy, I pick up a petal with a long tweesers (I usually grab an handful and pick them out of my hand), dip - count to three - pull out - count to 10 - dip - count to three - pull out - count to ten. Then I lay them on a wire cooling rack (Wal-Mart, 2 for $1.97 ;) ) that has a cookie sheet and wax paper under it. The wire rack works well *if* you do that last count to ten as it give the MP a chance to dry a bit before setting it down. I've had a few with lines on them but they were so faint it didn't bother me much. For packaging, I put 50 in a boutineer bag, heat seal the end, trim the excess and put the whole thing in a boutineer box. Tie the box with ribbon and put my hang tag on that. This year I did fall leaves in my Autumn Air scent (smells like Apples -n- Oak). I'm putting them in my mom's shop this week but I've already sold two bags of 50! These I just put in the boutineer bags and sealed. They were too big to fit in the box! But they were a fun change to the petals and my house smelled wonderful! ;)

HTH some...

Life & Light!

Tish

wow that is beautiful!!

so you buy the rose and cut it dip it and then

put it back together?

cheryl

Aloha Cheryl,

Nope. I actually buy the loose petals and leaves from BCN. I use 24 petals and 4 leaves for each rose. To reconstruct them, I take a clear nylon thread (with needle) and place a tiny seed pearl over the knotted end. Then, I start threading the dipped petals from smallest to largest (BCN's are the truest sized petals I've found). The last to be threaded are the four dipped leaves. At this point, I slip another seed pearl onto my needle and thread, and knot it several times. (The seed pearl keeps the thread from pulling through the silk petals).

Next, comes the most difficult part. You have to artistically position or rearrange the leaves to resemble an actual rose by adjusting them back and forth with each other (sliding them around on the thread). Once I've achieved the look I want, I set it down on my work surface, and do a couple quick passes with my heatgun to ever-so-slightly warm the petals up so that they will lightly adhere to each other (very lightly) to keep the flower formation in place. That's it!

BTW, I'll say it again -- the petals from BCN are the most natural looking ones I have ever found. They vary in size from small to large, and the variegated colorations are very realistic (IMHO). Hope this helps!