ISO the Shea Body Butter recipe..

Chele

from the old board. I don't recall who originally posted it - I just know it was fabulous! It was the one with Shea butter, Mango Butter, Hemp Butter and few other oils in it.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has it if they would post it.

Thanks!!

Chele :)

This isn't Kim's recipes but I think it might be close.

40% Unrefined Shea Butter

10% Virgin Coconut Oil

10% Mango Butter

10% Avocado Butter

10% Hemp Butter

19% Oil of choice

1 % Vit E

1% preservative ( I use phenonip)

FO or EO of choice

Weigh mango & hemp butter in a bowl and heat until liquid (can be heated in the micorwave), but do not over heat. Once melted, add the shea butter, virgin coconut oil, avocado butter and oils. Place in the microwave to soften, but do not melt all the way. You can use now whisk the mixuture - use the whisk type mixer to produce the best results. Start on low to incorporate all your butters & oils together. Once that is done, you can then turn your mixer on high and let it whip. Once it reaches the look of whipped egg whites, stop your mixer and add your fragrance, mix it by hand for a minute, then turn your mixer on high and whip it up real good to mix in the fragrance

I was in desperate need for that recipe yesterday too! I subbed cocoa for hemp, and I think that it might have made it a little hard after set up. Not terribly hard, but not as creamy and fluffy as I would have liked. I did 40-20-20 with the butters and then erred with the FO and had to ad a bit more butter. I'd love to see this receipe so that I could get it right!

So far, this recipe has not set up really hard. I've had that same problem and wanted something more whipped like. I do have to say that the recipe is not greasy at all and feels very nice on my skin. Its funny you would ask this as I am right now in the process of tweaking it as I want it to set up a little harder than it has but that could be too because its been so hot where I live and we don't have a/c. I need it to stay at the whipped consistency that I have achieved even when its hot and so far its not where I want it. I've added an additional 10% of kokum butter and .5 oz of lanolin to see what that does. I'll let you know if you'd like? I always take a recipe and then start tweaking it once I've used it. You can do the same and see what you can get. I figure if anything, its a starting point for you. ;) A good starting point too is 60% hard butters, 40% soft butter/oils. You choose the oils and butters you like and then go for it. Its so much fun to create. :D

How about alittle cocoa butter to firm it up? How long has it been since you made it? I found after a week mine was too hard. Do you think (as a test) putting one in the refrig after putting it in a jar will firm it up fast? Then watch it after you take it out to see how soft it gets. Sometimes I forget about the fact that the consumer may have a difference climate that your product will go into.

I made a "perfect" batch of Bunny's bath melts and I live in FL w/ the ac on. I only put them in the freezer for 10 minutes instead of 20 because I had them crunchy on top before so I cut down on the freezer time (crunches were the citric acid in it) so the melts came out soft. It took 3 days for the melts to set up hard.

I made it yesterday and its not getting hard, but its not staying whipped either. I did put it in the freezer to help set it up but once it warms up to room temp, it goes back to being solid but not hard. Like I said, I want it to stay whipped but I am wondering if that is even possible. :confused: I like the recipe and it works rather nicely and doesn't leave a greasy feeling like some butters do. I thought about cocoa butter but am trying the kokum butter cuz I really like kokum butter. I'm going to have to do some research and see if I can add something that will keep it in its whipped consistency.