Philadelphia Area Gathering - Registration is OPEN!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

OK, I FINALLY got the form to work right. Still working on the Vendor and Sponsor/Donor area, but at least you guys can register. Currently, we have someone coming to talk about a distiller, it's used for extracting EO's. Also, i have someone talking about putting together gift baskets, this is a good one for me, I can't put a basket together to save my life. I've also inquired a few people about fundraising as well as making your own labels. Working on a few other things as well. You won't be disappointed! Hope to see you there!

Oh yeah, here is the web address. I hope it's OK, I did it myself and it's my first live one.

http://www.pacnsc.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep us posted on the topics that will be discussed. The shows I have looked into have been mainly about soaping. I am interested in more candle oriented and starting a business, how to market, fundraising, etc...

Thanks for working so hard to get this together. I am going to try to attend depending on the presenters.

Staying in Phila at the Hilton may be quite expensive for some after the room and parking ect...

(But it is a beautiful Hotel and close to everything!!!)

You also do not want to pick just any hotel in phila to stay at either..13.gif LOL

Here is a link to the King of Prussia Area which is about 30 minutes away..

Rates are cheaper and you don't have to pay parking..

(Make sure you look for the hotels in King of Prussia, other areas may be a longer drive than 30 minutes)

(Just another alternative for those coming from out of town and don't know the area)18.gif

http://www.valleyforge.org/Listings/index.cfm?action=showsub&catID=5&subCatID=156&startrange=All&endrange=All&substart=A&subend=G¬ify=1

Guest EMercier

I struggled with where to have this. Place in KoP would've been cheaper for the rooms, but more expensive with the room itself and we couldn't get as much. Also, It's not going to me a lot of soaping. I've currently have someone doing a demonstration on a Portible Distiller as well as gift baskets. I've contacted a few on:

Fundraising

Marketing and set up (booth)

Labeling

Natural CP coloring

and more.

This will be from 9-6 and I believe that's on the website, let me check.

There are also some rooms in the area at other hotels, but I could not block a whole section of rooms. There are a bunch of hotels in the area, but I agree, don't get just any one. Just within a few blocks radius, there are rooms. I'll get a few together and list them on the website and see what I can do.

Guest EMercier

OK, I did call the Hampton Inn, which is right there as well and am looking to block ten rooms for the rate of $119 per night. Parking is $23 valet and $18 self park. This is a lot cheaper, I contacted them a while ago and they didn't have availablility, so I'll keep you posted. I'm waiting for my confirmation from them so that I can update you all.

Another option for hotel accomodations, and not that far would be Delaware. If anyone is interested in hotels in this area, I'd be glad to recommend. I live on the northern tip of the state and can get to center city Philly in 20 minutes. But King of Prussia has a great mall! LOL!

Woohoo! I get to go...:yay: :yay: :bliss: :whoohoo:

We are planning our trip as we speak, we'll be driving what esle is cool to see up in that area or North? We were planning on going up East next year but hey this is a great opportunity!

Tha Hampton Inn is reasonable for overnight stay. Let me know if you get the block so we can reserve a room.

I cant wait this is going to be fun! I love doing new things! and Meeting new people!

Kim

I think I missed exactly what part of Philly this in in but you should check Bensalem Pa hotels. If you join the rewards program they have for holiday inn, sleep inn or quality inn, They are all the same and the program is free by the way it's just a 2 second form to fill out then It is only like $75.00 a night verses 114.00 a night. Plus there are tons of places to eat near by and your car will be safe in that area overnight. Oh and the rooms are super clean.

I stay up there because the closer you are to center city the more $$ it is and the dirtyer the rooms are. I don't care who parks your car it still sits in an unattended lot and the hotel is not responsible for loss or damage.Just something to think about.

Bensalem is 20 mins. from center city tops. Easy access, no toll just straight down I 95.

Guest EMercier

This will be in center city across from the convention center. I personally work in town and have not had an issues with my car, as I've parked at several lots. I've toured the rooms and they seem to be fine. Also, you take the risk anywhere you go as some five star hotels have been not too clean. Bensalem in my opinion is a little far to travel for this. If someone wants to then that's up to them. Traveling to center city at that time of morning will put anyone in traffic and they will be late. My goal is to make this very easy for everyone. BUT, I can't stop anyone from doing what they want.

Me too, I think I'm going to be exhausted by the time i even get there.

We are now planning on making a nice trip out of it all, Niagara, Williamsburg and then Philly...I cant wait.

Dh said we will most likey stay at the King of Prussia Mall hotel, he's funny he likes to visit malls in other states. not that it's a bad thing, I like mall food courts, you have a big choice without having to drive all over the place.

KOP Mall is great... Make sure you visit the cheesecake factory when you are there!!!

Also there is a club in Philly near Penns Landing called Dave & Busters!!

http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/Default.aspx?Loc=0005

It is a big arcade for adults, with great food and drink!! Lots of fun..

See you all there!!:yay:

ETS: You all have to get Philly Cheese Steaks!!!! Can't leave Philly without one!!!

OMG you will love dave and busters... the restaurant there is great. and the games are awesome i used to go there all the time... i miss that place.

and i'm horrible with names but i'm pretty sure the cheesesteak place i go to is pat's. on south street. you get your food downstairs then go up stairs and there's pics of all kinda of famous people who have eaten there. its so cool and you can look out the window over south street. yeah you just definitly have to go to south street. (don't go at night i don't advise it)

Guest EMercier

South Philly has Pat's and Geno's. There is also Ishkabbibles (I know I'm spelling this wrong) on South Street. I don't advise going there at night either. It's like a club that encompasses a stretch of like 20 blocks. It's hard to drive down the street!

pats is my favorite.. but everyone has their own. if you want to get a tattoo while your in philly i reccomend body grahics lol they have on on south st. and one on 4th. other than that there's all kinds of interesting (and in some cases i mean INTERESTING) shops. there's a couple awesome music stores where you can find pretty much anything your heart desires.

Guest EMercier

Yes, acutally I'm waiting for another confirmation on a lady doing wholesale. She will also be at the Arizona Gathering. Thankfully for us, she lives in NYC so it's not that far for her to travel. Well, I have her confirmation, but I need her write up to put it on the site. Sorry, I took two days off from this since I had a show today. (Show was GREAT btw).