Flat rate mail boxes

Lorrie

Does anyone have the link to the rate increases?? I was told by my post office that they are going up to $9.63 after May 14th but I thought the rate was $9.15. I did a search on the usps site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

The amount listed on the web site is incorrect. They are changing it to $8.95 from the posted $9.15. This was in the paper this morning. So dont pay attention to the amount on the web site.
Do you know if any of the other prices were adjusted too? For example is the 1 lb price still going to be $4.60?

You know with all the money they spent to make their website over to the star wars theme you think that they would correct that stuff. UGH, Now I am going to call another post office to see what they say!

You know with all the money they spent to make their website over to the star wars theme you think that they would correct that stuff.
Not to mention how hard it is to find anything on their site. I had to search and try a few times before I was able to come up with that link I gave you.

Not to mention how hard it is to find anything on their site. I had to search and try a few times before I was able to come up with that link I gave you.

And I thank you for this but still their site is definitely not user friendly. I searched too and I couldn't find the information.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Governors of the Postal Service announced today they accepted the decision of the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) to modify two of its earlier rate case recommendations: lowering the price of the Priority Mail Flat-Rate Box to $8.95 and extending the nonmachinable surcharge (which encourages mailing efficiencies) to all single piece and presorted First-Class Mail letters, regardless of weight.

The $9.15 rate was under review and it was felt that a rate under $9 was more feasible.

I got this off of the following website:

http://tinyurl.com/3a2238

Hope this helps clarify!

Jami

Here is what I got from PO brochure.

First Class

Postcard $.26

Letters-First Class $.41

Large Envelopes-First ounce-$.80

Additional ounces- $.17

Priority Mail

Up to 1lb & Flat Rate Envelope $4.60

Flat Rate Box $9.15(must be Wrong now)

Express Mail

Up to 1/2 lb & Flat Rate Envelope $16.25

Over 1/2 lb & up to 1 lb-$19.50

Over 1 lb & up to 2 lbs- $21.40

Insurance

Insurance against loss or damage up to $5,000-$1.65 and up

Delivery Confirmation

Available with Priority Mail Service-$.65

Available with First Class Mail parcels and package Service parcels-$.75

Sig Confirmation

Avaiable with Priority Mail Service.First Class Mail parcels and package Services parcels-$2.10

Registered Mail

Available with First Class Mail and Priority Mail Service- $9.50 and up

Also Cert. Mail $2.65 and Return Receipt $.85 by e-mail and $2.15 by mail

MO and Passports(NA)

LynnS

Money orders and Passports (Not Applicable)
Well okay, I knew what MO and NA stood for, but what I don't understand is, does the certified mail fee not apply to these things? (They were listed right under the certified mail fees.) I know you're supposed to mail in your passport for renewal using certified mail.

For MO I could put that for sure. I do pay with them and also pay check by phone,CC. I was just doing it as far as what we will use for mailing with candle order etc. What we use

I guess we could use a passport if we go out of the country for business with our companies. I stay in the states.

I just got this from Postmaster after we were going over what it was going to start costing me. I was getting idea for now and he kept explaining the new prices and what they were chang ing to on May 14.Gave me a brochure to look over. I am sure all PO have them. I just got mine a few days ago.

Money Orders

Domestic ($0.01-$500.00) $1.05

Domestic (($500.01-$1,000) $1.50

Passports

Routine Processing under age 16 $82.00 Age 16 and over $97.00

Expedited Processing with Express Mail Service under age 16 $174.50 and over Age 16 $189.50

Photos (where available) $15.00

I cannot find anything else except for some fine print on the bottom. Pretty much covers it all as far as price changes. Some question on flat rate box????

LynnS