Deodorant soap?

katshe

I read that using coffee in soap along with eo is a good deodorant soap, the coffee helps absob odor.

So, here is an idea

I make m&p. So I thought I'd try adding

A few Tbls of instant coffee

lavender eo

rosemary eo

peppermint eo

maybe some thyme crushed

Can you think of anything else to make it smell good, you know like fresh and clean?

I am not good with picking scents, I don't want to purchase the wrong ones and have them go to waste.

Also, I would like to make a bar that smells good on your skin through the day, again ( fresh and clean like irish spring) but I do not want to use the duplicate...would like to create something...

I am just starting out in this area and have created a rosemarymint and a green chai tea bar they smell nice, and my friends love them, but I am still looking for that fresh clean soap scent.

Any advise would be great! :D

Kat, chill hon - I didn't answer cause I've been thinking...

I don't make MP but was thinking maybe tea tree or neem oil might be interesting. Not precisely fresh & clean smelling, but therapeutic vs bacteria and fungi.

Actually I don't do EOs really either. In terms of FOs though a "Spring Mountain Mint" kinda FO might be nice.

Not sure on the coffee but anything citrus mixes well with lavender EO. I think lemon would add a nice fresh scent and seems to mix well with peppermint too.

I don't use a lot of EOs myself...only once in awhile but those together always seems to work nicely.

HTH some. :)

Ok , thank you for your input. I will give the lemon and tea tree a try. I do have an ocm that has tea tree and peppermint - is refreshing. but not the smell I am looking for.

Thanks again

Kat

:D

I do a mix of Rosemary, Euc. and Lavender EO in my candles. Not too much Lav.

This is super refreshing smelling. It smells really clean. I haven't soaped it yet, so I don't know how well the scent stays on your skin. And I don't know how it would smell with coffee.

HTH

Jeana , I will try the euc, lav, rosemary..Sounds good..I am going to do a test Batch with coffee and see how it smells, I have read that the smell Is not supposed to stay.

Thanks again

kathy :D