SFIC clear M&P

jade

Can anyone share their experience with this? Have you had problems with it sweating? Is it really clear? I'm thinking of getting some through the co-op but I tried a sample of the low sweat clear and didn't find it very clear at all. I've used WSP extra clear & like that but like the SFIC ingredient list better. Thanks for any help.

Hi Jade

I use or have used ALL of SFIC's bases and I love it! I've never had a problem w/ sweating. I'm convinced that sweating could be due to climate or maybe sometimes the FO. Try wrapping them when they are set & cool, that may help. I used to wrap immediately, but not anymore. I leave my soap on a tiered rack for a few days, & then wrap.

SFIC's clear & crystal clear is really clear, but I tend to not scent it unless I'm coloring it. Some FO's can make it cloudy or make it turn yellowish over time. The low sweat clear...another story. It's just not as clear as the regular...I haven't quite figured out why yet. Less glycerin? I don't know. Anyone? But, it comes in handy for testing scents when you don't want to use the good stuff. :D

HTH

Sharon

I never had any luck with the SFIC clear, but I love all their other soap bases. I had to use the crystal clear from WSP for my fish in a bag soaps, it was the only soap that stayed crystal clear. I, like you, like the ingredients from SFIC, but even without any FO I just couldn't get a crystal clear soap from it.

Thought I better add to my post above. I just read on another board that the Crystal Clear from SFIC has been modified and is now very clear, but with the added glycerin you may notice some sweating. I have not tried this soap since it's been modified so my post above should be ignored, since it appears I don't know what the heck I'm talking about :o

Thought I better add to my post above. I just read on another board that the Crystal Clear from SFIC has been modified and is now very clear, but with the added glycerin you may notice some sweating. I have not tried this soap since it's been modified so my post above should be ignored, since it appears I don't know what the heck I'm talking about :o

Oh, well maybe scratch mine too...I haven't tried the "modified" either

I haven't tried the LS clear or the crystal clear, but I can say that the regular clear is not what I'd expect "clear" to be. It's transluscent, but not clear. For starters, it's yellow in color. Although you can change that with dye easily. It works for my applications but I don't find it to be what I'd consider clear. Not compared to other brands I've seen.