Firestarters

I use a muffin pan and cupcake liners (some do not use liners - not sure how they burn though as I have not done them this way). Put cedar chips (hampster bedding) in liners, place leftover wick and add scented wax. Mix up a little so the wax makes it all the way to the bottom. Add potpourri to the top (you can also add small pinecones and let set up. The wick is optional. Some don't use a wick as customers may be confused and use it as a candle. I personally tried with and without a wick. When testing, I had a really hard time getting the wickless ones to burn. The potpourri and/or the liners wouldn't stay lit long enough for the wax to ignite. They will burn on average about 15 minutes. I also spoke with local fire company about the pinecones in a fireplace (creosote buildup). Their response was that pine should not be burned in a fireplace, however using a pinecone to start a fire should be okay. You may want to err on the side of caution and not use them at all - it's up to you. HTH:cheesy2:

Hi there,

I have never madethese but I have seen recipes for them, left over wax mixed with either pieces of cardboard or straw. I know Pourette sell these too. They call them Buffalo chips, they mix theres with straw, I also have their recipe if you would like to try it ?

Robyn :-)

They sound like a really good gift idea to me, I appreciate the information. However, I have a REAL stupid question. Do you just put these in the fireplace with your wood and light them to ignite the wood? How do they work with those 4 hour burn logs? Anyone know? Thanks!