Room size vs.scent throw vs. container size

I know we are always trying for the killer throw! My question is; if I am burning a 8 oz jj how big of an area would you expect that to "smell up"? I am always test burning candles here at work. It's a large fairly open space with a ceiling fan and ac/heat going. I can smell my candles in my work area but I don't, for example, smell them when I come in the front door. What size area should I expect a 8-10 oz container to cover. BTW I am using 100% soy with no additives besides color and scent. TIA

I test in jj and mine will throw the scent in the entire downstains pluse it has one hour to reach me upstairs in the loft with the candle placed on the coffee table in the great room. Forty foot ceilings. 1200sq. feet log cabin. Ceiling fans and open doors can effect the throw and travel of the scent. The candle has 1 hour & twenty minutes to greet me upstair or it's not strong enough scent and I find a better one. Even the lighter scent beat this time frame. My log cabin is complete open concept with 1 interior wall for the bathroom off kitchen.