Tell me what ya'll think

Tess

I just revamped my website and finished it (finally). I took some of the advice from last time and changed the fonts to be read better. I also got rid of the transition thingy except for the first page since I got mixed reviews on it.

I also got a merchant account which provided a proffessional shopping cart. It even let me add a coupon code. The only thing it does not do is calculate shipping before the sub-total. However it does calculate before getting your card #. You just have to enter your address info first. But other than that I am quite satisfied. I still have some pics of the product to put up, but I am getting that done slowly. Let me know what ya'll think. Thanks everyone!!--Tess

http://www.fourseasonscandles.net

Looking good Tess!

I noticed on your container page under best sellers that your missing an 'L' in Tommy Hilfiger. :P

I'm loving it though. When I have a few more minutes I'm going to play around with the shopping cart! I love the coupon code under your specials!!

Lookin' good Tess! :D

I DID notice though that you don't have a description for the Bird of Paradise scent (I clicked on it b/c I was curious as to what this smells like ;) and I cannot believe you have a scent called Bacon!! LOL

Gotta love those "official sniffers" huh? :D

Oh and the brawny hubbys are a big help too huh? ;)

I like your site, Tess - well done! It is simple (as in easy to navigate), basic (as in no extra unnecessary stuff like a flash intro), and well organized. All the information I need to know is there and also easily found, e.g. things like where you are located and whether your candles are handmade. You'll be surprised how many websites there are out there where such basic information is not easily found. I also like how you tell something about yourself without coming across as too personal. A lot of sites are either too impersonal (I learn nothing useful from their 'about us' page, if there is even one in the first place) or too personal when they tell about themselves. Do you have any other offer/promotion you can list on your home page? If so, you could replace one of the 'free shipping' signs with it.

I like your site, Tess - well done! It is simple (as in easy to navigate), basic (as in no extra unnecessary stuff like a flash intro), and well organized. All the information I need to know is there and also easily found, e.g. things like where you are located and whether your candles are handmade. You'll be surprised how many websites there are out there where such basic information is not easily found. I also like how you tell something about yourself without coming across as too personal. A lot of sites are either too impersonal (I learn nothing useful from their 'about us' page, if there is even one in the first place) or too personal when they tell about themselves. Do you have any other offer/promotion you can list on your home page? If so, you could replace one of the 'free shipping' signs with it.

Wow Thanks! That is totally what I was aiming for. Especiall the "about us" page. I did get to personal at one point, then thought, I really do not want complete strangers knowing my life story lol. So I gave about as much info as I give customers at shows.

Thanks for the suggestion about replacing a "free shipping" sign. I do have another promotion, it is buy 2 jars get 3 free votives. I couldn't find a place on the home page for it without the clutter, and I did not even think of that. Thanks very much!! :cheesy2:

Hi ya Tess!

I am so happy that you are home and back to the board. I thought about you when Rita "visited".

On you home page, I would take out the word "at" or remove the words "at a" from this sentence :

Our goal is to provide you with top quality candles,that are at a reasonable price.

I could be wrong about it, what do you think?

It would read:

Our goal is to provide you with top quality candles at a reasonable price. OR

Our goal is to provide you with top quality candles that are reasonably priced.

And, HOLY CRAP! You have a BACON scented candle??? I am DYING HERE!!!!

Michael

The Dallas Dean

I personally do not like the transition. When I took a web design class in college, I learned that things like this are an "over kill" when someone views your website you have a few seconds to catch their attention before they will read on or exit your site. People with slow connections will not wait for the transitions to load. Also, I find that when you are looking a a business/professional website it should be simple. If you go to the websites you will notice how simple they are. Even Fortune 500 companies have the simpliest of websites. This way your customers are focusing on your products, not on the transitions that are making the page be too busy. You do not want to overwhelm the cutomer. Keep it very simple and people will come back and order from you because they will remember how easy your site was to navigate and how easily it loaded on their PC.

Everything else looks wonderful! Keep up the good work.