I got the account

gottabt

Hi All,

I just wanted to share. I met with a lady yesterday that has a booth in an antique market. I did not know what to expect but it is an upscale market shop. The items in there are more on the expensive side.

A little background - she purchased some candles from me at a craft show last year (sorry to say I do not remember her). Well, she contacted me a couple of weeks ago about the Fall and Holiday scents. I did not have to "sell" her on the candles - her biggest questions were which ones to start with. I walked away with an order for 14 large jar candles and 10 clamshells, and 1/2 a dozen candle toppers. She is thinking that this order will not be enough but wanted to test the waters. The store that she is in also really gears up for the Kumquat festival so the "official candlemaker for the kumquat growers" thing was really a hit.

Just for your info the scents she picked to start with are:

Cinammon Sticks

Christmas Past - KY

Bayberry - the clientele is older so this one I recommended

Gingerbread

Harvest

Home Sweet Home

Hawiaan Christmas - my personal fav.

The clamshells are all over the place but needless to say - kumquat is in the mix. It really sounds like the candles should do well in the store. Of all the vendors that they have in there - there is no home fragrances of any kind so the field is wide open. The only drawback is the town is mostly for snowbirds so the summer is slow. I really need a store that does not cater to snowbirds. I need to make money all year long not just the winter months.

Take care - I have to go pour now.

Hey Sharyl,

None - actually that is not true. I did a couple last year in May, Aug and Sept and it was way too hot to do that again. There are some local outdoor types but the heat is too extreme for me and the candles. There are of course the big Buckler shows but from what I have been told I will not do one of those. They always seem to be 3-day shows too and my dh can not get away from the new business for that long. I need to find a gift basket place or realty office - something that does not depend on the weather.