Solas.. Please Forgive Me!

firegirl

I have gone and done it again..so I thought I would share my mistake with others! I purchased several samples from SOLAS and made the terrible mistake of writing them off based on oob smell.. I just want to remind some of you newbies to put the fo into something.. anything.. I have now used my 5 th sample from SOLAS and have fallen in love with a scent that I was not impressed with oob.. shame on me.. I even know better! Here is what I have tested:

Seabreeze- soap.. great clean smell

Lemon Sugar - Soap.. smells wonderful

Lime - I could not stand this fragrance oob.. smelled like a bad Lime.. BUT! I put this into some Foaming Bath Butter Sugar Scrub.. and OMG!! This is so clean and fresh smelling.. what a winner! Very surprised at how it changed once in a product!

Be Delicious- very pretty fragrance - I made Bubbling Bath bombs.. smells fabulous!

Jasmine Tea - I am IN LOVE with this fragrance.. I read some good reviews and just thought you all were friggin crazy! This fragrance changed the most! I made Bubbling Bath Bombs with it and everyone in the house was raving about what a beautiful fragrance it was.. it is a keeper for B&B! I can't wait for the next sale to stock up..

Moral of this thread.. No matter how good you think your nose it.. you never knows until you get the damn fo into something.. almost 3 years making candles, b&b, etc.. I should be ashamed of myself! Sorry SOLAS... Hope this post makes up for it!

Teri

Not firegirl, but i have Seabreeze curing right now. Can't say it's my favorite by a long shot, but maybe it'll improve with age? (I did like it oob tho). I left the bulk of it uncolored but added a teal/aqua swirl (love my Select Shades).

firegirl...what color did you use for Seabreeze? TIA

Ditto what Carebear said.. I colored it teal.. Seabreeze is not one of my favorites either.. however, it was one of my favorites oob.. too funny.. just more proof to put your fo into something!

I have gone and done it again..so I thought I would share my mistake with others! I purchased several samples from SOLAS and made the terrible mistake of writing them off based on oob smell.. I just want to remind some of you newbies to put the fo into something.. anything.. I have now used my 5 th sample from SOLAS and have fallen in love with a scent that I was not impressed with oob.. shame on me.. I even know better! Here is what I have tested:

Seabreeze- soap.. great clean smell

Lemon Sugar - Soap.. smells wonderful

Lime - I could not stand this fragrance oob.. smelled like a bad Lime.. BUT! I put this into some Foaming Bath Butter Sugar Scrub.. and OMG!! This is so clean and fresh smelling.. what a winner! Very surprised at how it changed once in a product!

Be Delicious- very pretty fragrance - I made Bubbling Bath bombs.. smells fabulous!

Jasmine Tea - I am IN LOVE with this fragrance.. I read some good reviews and just thought you all were friggin crazy! This fragrance changed the most! I made Bubbling Bath Bombs with it and everyone in the house was raving about what a beautiful fragrance it was.. it is a keeper for B&B! I can't wait for the next sale to stock up..

Moral of this thread.. No matter how good you think your nose it.. you never knows until you get the damn fo into something.. almost 3 years making candles, b&b, etc.. I should be ashamed of myself! Sorry SOLAS... Hope this post makes up for it!

Teri

Teri, THANKS! Helpful post.

Mix some Lemon Sugar with Lime and let me know if it smells bubbly sweet like 7-up! :D

Sharon