Has anyone ever seen,,,,

this type of wax. My friend that passed away in december gave it to me,,,It has 4 blocks per box, net wt 16oz. It says House Hold Paraffin for candles and canning,,Has instructions for both,,Now should I assume this is a Straight paraffin?? Says it can be used in Molds or containers.

post-437-139458423994_thumb.jpg

post-437-139458423997_thumb.jpg

I would say its straight paraffin and best use for wax melts, votives or pillars not containers.

Thanks Candle Man,,,I have not seen you in a while!! Hope you are doing well.

Im going to try and do a couple pillars and see what happens,,,:D

If you don't know straight paraffin will only hold abour 1/2oz of FO per 1 LB of wax. To hold more FO you need to add Vybar 103.

Would Stearic help with that?? I was thinking if its straight paraffin could I make Mottled Pillars?? Or do I still need the Vybar 103? TIA

It's slake wax- I would mix it with another wax before attempting any pillars.

I believe it's food grade wax for sealing foods in the canning process.

Yes it is for canning and candles it says on the box,,,,Here is what it says for the candle instructions:

1. Have candle molds or containers ready with proper size and type wick in place. Follow mold manufacturers recommendations.

2. Heat wax in a double broiler, use an accurate thermometer with range of 120 to 210, When wax is at the proper temperture, colors, fragrances and hardeners may be added if desired.

3. Pour wax carefully into mold or container and let it stand undisturbed until wax hardens. Candles in molds may be poked to release air from around wick, then refill.

As I said my friend died at christmas and I wax given this wax from her and we spoke about using a honey bottle shaped like a bear as a mold. But she didnt have a chance to talk to me further about this. Thanks for all your responses,,,I would like to use this and make something perhaps for her son,,,I just dont want to mess up,,,,:embarasse

I googled the company that makes this ,,,YESSSSS

http://www.strohmeyer.com/

Would Stearic help with that?? I was thinking if its straight paraffin could I make Mottled Pillars?? Or do I still need the Vybar 103? TIA

It will but not as well as Vybar, but you can't use vybar for mottle or rustics. Not all straight paraffins will mottle, that wax may or may not mottle, you will just have to test.