New Palm Wax @ Candlescience

Kay - I am sooooo glad you explained this. I was having major brain farts figuring out how to put that plug in the top after it was poured and not have it sink. It didn't register you put it in the bottom and pour :laugh2:

Sheesh, I feel stupid :laugh2:

Is their container palm wax different than other suppliers out there, or are they the only ones that is carring this wax?

I want to get the results they claim and the good cold & hot throws I have read about on here. I would like to purchase someware closer to reduce shipping.

Is their container palm wax different than other suppliers out there, or are they the only ones that is carring this wax?

I want to get the results they claim and the good cold & hot throws I have read about on here. I would like to purchase someware closer to reduce shipping.

LOL candleman, I just asked this same question myself on another thread then run across yours. I too am curious if this is any different than the other palms out there

Palm Wax and the Environment

When we first started working with palm wax a few years ago we were really impressed. It's grown on trees and picked rather that sown in a field and harvested, requiring much less energy and labor. And the palm kernel has one of the highest oil contents of any plant, so a lot of wax can be grown in a small amount of space. Its exceptional sustainability combined with clean burn, great scent throw, low price, non-GM, and beautiful appearance got us really, really excited about palm.

Unfortunately we soon read reports of vast areas of rainforest being clear-cut to build palm plantations in Indonesia and Malaysia. Southeast Asia is home to some of the most bio-diverse ecosystems in the world. losing these forests destroys the livelihood of native people and compromises the already sensitive orangutan, rhinoceros, and Sumatran tiger populations.

The health of the natural environment is of the upmost concern to us at CandleScience, and no matter how great the product, this wasn't acceptable to us, and we knew it wasn't acceptable to our customers either. So we took on the job of finding sustainable palm wax, and we are happy to announce we were successful.

After many many months of research, phone calls, meetings, and a trip all the way to Jakarta, we have partnered with a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil. This organization was founded by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and heads of government and industry involved in palm cultivation. The RSPO was founded to develop and define best practices for sustainable palm cultivation, and then help member organizations to implement and verify the procedures.

We are very proud to offer this product to our customers as a sustainable, non-genetically modified alternative to other waxes. If you are buying palm elsewhere, please contact your supplier and confirm that the wax you are using is not contributing to deforestation of these important habitats.

The above is what candlescience said about their wax. hth

I was just wondering if its the IGI "Glass Glow" product that they announced around the time they purchased part of Astorlite? Does anyone remember that? Here is an old thread about it: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10054