50/50 wax or good blends?

I have been using Just Scent JSB 50/50 wax for a few years now.... It used to be great, but I am now running into many problems with it. It must not be the same anymore - it is VERY inconsistent. Does anyone know of a good 50/50 wax or a good clean burning blend? How is Joywax? Des it burn clean? Thanks!

Can't help you with your 50/50 question but I've been reading that the Joy wax from NG has changed too and some have been having more problems with it. I used to use it and never had a problem but that's been several years ago.

KY just reformulated their Perfect Blend to take care of some of the issues the original PB had. I've been using the "old version" for a couple of years now and love the throw but did get a lot of cracking over the top. The new blend is supposed to take care of that issue.

Maggie

I would not bother with Joy Wax. They have changed their blend. I had used it for years without any problems. I have nothing but problems with it now. I did buy the improved version of Perfect blend from KY. So far it is very nice. It burns clean and I used zincs for the wicks. I would recommed the Perfect Blend.

I still use Beckys 50/50 from Just Scent and I have NO problems with it,,,,and I use GB444. Now the Joy wax I have 2LBS left of it and I didnt like that at all. I still like the J223 and IGI-4786 also. They are Classic waxes. :D

I have thought about adding paraffin to my soy or trying a blend to increase the scent throw.

Does the paraffin cause the wax to pull away from the jar when setting up? I am asking because paraffin pillars will shrink making it easier to get out of the molds so in my mind, it will pull away from the jars too which is why I haven't tried it.

Do you wick down on these blends compared to 100% soy?

Thanks!

I have thought about adding paraffin to my soy or trying a blend to increase the scent throw.

Does the paraffin cause the wax to pull away from the jar when setting up? I am asking because paraffin pillars will shrink making it easier to get out of the molds so in my mind, it will pull away from the jars too which is why I haven't tried it.

Thanks!

You would want to use a paraffin blend made for containers like J223, not the wax used for pillars.

Thanks!

Hi Jami,,, If you have some Container Paraffin yes you can add it to soy. Container wax is softer then Pillar and will not shrink away,,Pillar blends are made to pull away so you can get them out of the molds.

I have added IGI-4786 to 415 before and I still had to find that special wick. I have used j223 with 4786 too and it was a great combination,,,

You just have to keep testing myfriend,,,,I have the waxes and wicks I always use but I still tinker with my wax to see if I can come up with something better I like,,The best person to ask would be Geekrunner,,He is good at this,,HTH

I have been using Just Scent JSB 50/50 wax for a few years now.... It used to be great, but I am now running into many problems with it. It must not be the same anymore - it is VERY inconsistent. Does anyone know of a good 50/50 wax or a good clean burning blend? How is Joywax? Des it burn clean? Thanks!

I have used JOY wax for years. Even tho I am getting away from soy all together, I am extremely happy with it. It has awsome cold and hot throw, and burns very clean..... I would definately give it a thumbs up