Fillmore conatiner $40 minimum order effective April 5th

More & more companies I deal with have raised their min. purchase amount. It's just not practical to ship out small orders at the prices they charge. It also cost them more to ship out a small order than a larger order. Most companies have to pay someone to take the order, then someone to pull the order, then someone to pack & ship the order, so that adds up to a lot of cost.

I understand the thinking that it is more cost effective for them to ship large orders rather than smaller orders BUT if all companies started doing that, it seems pretty impractical. There are plenty of online shoe stores, clothes stores, etc. that don't require you to purchase a minimum....how is that different?

I understand the thinking that it is more cost effective for them to ship large orders rather than smaller orders BUT if all companies started doing that, it seems pretty impractical. There are plenty of online shoe stores, clothes stores, etc. that don't require you to purchase a minimum....how is that different?

The other stores have a mark up on the price to cover that.

I don't understand a "minimum purchase" ... the customer pays for the shipping, so how is it more cost effective for the supplier? The customer pays for the shipping whether it's a small or large order.

I buy from Fillmore, however, I pick up my order ... wondering if they'll still have a minumum for pick up when there's no shipping involved.

Fillmore is a small operation ... there's Keith (the manager), a receptionist, and a young man who puts the jars in my trunk. Their store is located in a rural "industrial type" mall ... it's not big, just 2 rooms and a storage area.

I must say they are very nice people, good customer service, good prices on their jars, and a good selection of jars.

Personally, the minimum doesn't hurt me ... I buy 50 or more cases at a time. However, it might be difficult for those who only buy in smaller amounts.

I know they're selling wax now, and plan on selling wicks and fo's. Last year, Keith told me that he would have the oils for sale by Feb. ... it's now April and I don't see them on his website. He said he'd also be carrying htp's but I don't see them on his website either.

I like this supplier, I just don't like minimums ... but that's just me. :P

I don't understand a "minimum purchase" ... the customer pays for the shipping, so how is it more cost effective for the supplier? The customer pays for the shipping whether it's a small or large order.

I buy from Fillmore, however, I pick up my order ... wondering if they'll still have a minumum for pick up when there's no shipping involved.

Fillmore is a small operation ... there's Keith (the manager), a receptionist, and a young man who puts the jars in my trunk. Their store is located in a rural "industrial type" mall ... it's not big, just 2 rooms and a storage area.

I must say they are very nice people, good customer service, good prices on their jars, and a good selection of jars.

Personally, the minimum doesn't hurt me ... I buy 50 or more cases at a time. However, it might be difficult for those who only buy in smaller amounts.

I know they're selling wax now, and plan on selling wicks and fo's. Last year, Keith told me that he would have the oils for sale by Feb. ... it's now April and I don't see them on his website. He said he'd also be carrying htp's but I don't see them on his website either.

I like this supplier, I just don't like minimums ... but that's just me.
:P

If you live within a close driving distance, maybe you could contact these people on here that want small orders and ship to them. It might not be worth the time or gas for it.

There price's are so low that it's not cost effective for them to ship out orders less than $40.00. They are in the business of wholesale and bulk orders not 1's & 2's.

If you need such a small order of glass it's better to find a candle supplier that carries the same glass but you will pay a much higher price.

I don't like to ship out orders less than $10.00 because the credit card fees eat away at profit. I have to pay a fee for manual keyed in CC# (which is higher than if I had the card to swipe), % of sales fee and a printed statement fee, just to accept credit cards. Maybe I need to charge a small handling fee to cover the CC fees.

Candleman ... you might have something there ... however, I usually go to Fillmore about twice a year (while visiting friends), fill up my car and drive back home (I live about 2-3 hours away). When my friends visit me, they do the same ... it works out great.

However, if I'm ever in the position to buy a palet of jars from their manufacturer, I sure would sell them ... no minimum. :D

From a supplier perspective, they will tell you it's not cost effective for the labor they have to pay to have a worker pull a full crate (that they would normally re-sell just as it is), open it and then repack some of the units into a smaller box (the box is another cost they wouldn't normally have), then put the partially open crate back on the shelf, then slap a label on your box and ship it. When you buy full containers, they just pull it, slap a label on it, and ship it. Also, once they open the full crate and start handling the glass, breakage can become an issue, which means even less profit.

Just think...

If you order $40.00 worth of glassware, then you will be stocked for awhile..

$40.00 is a low minimum order ...;)

Fillmore is a wonderful supplier with exceptional customer service..

It is worth ordering $40.00 from them.. IMHO:highfive:

From a supplier perspective, they will tell you it's not cost effective for the labor they have to pay to have a worker pull a full crate (that they would normally re-sell just as it is), open it and then repack some of the units into a smaller box (the box is another cost they wouldn't normally have), then put the partially open crate back on the shelf, then slap a label on your box and ship it. When you buy full containers, they just pull it, slap a label on it, and ship it. Also, once they open the full crate and start handling the glass, breakage can become an issue, which means even less profit.

I order from them and this statement probably hits the nail on the head. I order two types of jars from them and I order in pallet qty so all they have to do is put the pallet(s) on the truck just the way they are. There is no packing, counting, extra wrapping supplies, etc. They have great service, fast shipments, always follow my special instructions like having the truck driver give me a call first so I can be ready, and the one time I had breakage they took care of it quickly and without my having to jump through hoops. In the wholesale business, $40 is reasonable and like someone mentioned, you'll be stocked up and you will save in the long run by paying your shipping once, not several times for the same number of jars.

Guest EMercier

I order from them and it does say online that you cannot check out online if it's less than that amount, but I don't know if you call. I try to get at least 10 cases just to get a break on the shipping. I wanted to drive there, since I'm about 1 1/2 hours away, but I was lazy that day. I like that if I order one day before a certain time, I can get it the next day. Holly is very nice, I can call and just give my name and she knows what I order. I will however call and see about this. I know a few months ago they raised their prices on the jars, but it is not that much and still saves me money with shipping.

Actually you know what, I placed an order after that and called it in, she never mentioned anything. Oh well, I'll still call.

Another option is Candle Science. Awesome products & customer service. In regard to shipping they state:

"At CandleScience we know that shipping costs on wax can really add up, especially when shipping over long distances.

Our customers only pay the UPS daily rate (the lowest published UPS shipping rate). We never markup freight or charge any handling fees on wax or any of our other products."

They also mail out your order the same day, if you call in before 3pm. No minimum.