very bad batch of bubble bath fizzys.

JMCintosh

I have run out of ideas short of taking him to the hospital. My husband decided to pour enough bubble bath fizzy powder (that I made) in to the tub to take 20 baths and instead of mixing it in his water he jumped right in and sat on top of it now he says the backs of his legs and butts.... burn and feels like they are on fire. Looking at them they first looked like he just had a really bad sun burn. Now after a couple of days it is dry and cracking like some one with extremely dry skin. I have been using my 100% vitamin E oil on him then putting lotion on top of that to seal in the moisture. The ingredients were natural except for the bubble bath powder I bought on eBay from a lady that said the company has gone out of business and are in Canada. Does any one know what could be causing this reaction? Is there lye in the bubble bath powder? What can I do to sooth him should I go after another hospital bill or try shea butter? The bubble bath concentrate is from: Jentle Soaps. Could the combotation of that and the citric acid givin him the effect that it has? Please any input is helpful.

Gosh sounds like he is hurting. I would think he might need a topical medication to relieve the burning. I would take him to the Dr. to get a prescription. In the meantime I would try cornstarch and the stuff for diaper rashes for babies. Since it is gentle enough for baby it should be ok for him. Poor guy. Hope he gets better soon...

oh my word I hope he is ok....so hard to say since you bought it off ebay. Not telling what you really got. Was it sealed? Did it have original packaging w/ ingredients list? I would not chance it & go to the Dr just in case:(

No it was not sealed and the container did not have the ingredients listed. From what I could tell the label said Jentle Soaps and that it could be used to make bubble bath or bubble bath fizzy's. It didn't even say how much to use.

Sounds like a mild burn from the pH being too high in the surfactant. Ouch, I did that once to myself trying to make a foaming face scrub without a pH meter. Never again! A healing salve with emu oil, evening primrose etc. might work unless you feel he needs to see a doctor. Keeping the area uncovered helps, but that might be a problem if he has to leave the house:)

Ohhhhhhhhh ouchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That poor guy. :cry2::cry2: That just brings a whole new meaning to the expression, "Well that just chaps my ass!" Darn it all, that guy really knows what that feels like. :o I hope his tushie is getting better.

Emu oil is great stuff. It might help - if you have it. Or if bad enough, take him to the dr.