What is the pour temp of 6228?

I have got a slab of the 6228 to start testing pillars and am not sure how hot to melt the wax in my pot or what the pour temp should be at. I am wanting to do layers and will start with a 3x4 round mold. I know that each layer needs to be 10* degrees hotter then the previous layer, but what temp do I start at?

I pour around 180-185 into heated molds. This is a pretty versatile wax as far as pouring temps. You can pour it pretty hot, you just can't pour it cold or you'll get jump lines and wrinkles.

If you're going to make layers with this wax, make sure to heat the mold between every pour. If you don't, the pillar will come out kind of....um...ugly. :)

So I heat the mold and pour. When I'm ready for the next layer, I take the heat gun and heat all around the inside of the mold to get it hot again, and pour at the same temp I did the first pour (no need to get it hotter, it just needs to be hot enough to melt some of the first layer so they stick together). I do the same thing for each layer. At the end, I poke relief holes all the way through all the layers and do a repour with the last color I used.

DanaE

Thanks for the replies :highfive:

I will pour this wax hot and warm my molds. I have only made a few pillars, still in the early stages of testing. I am testing different waxes to see which I prefer. I want them to have a strong hot throw so I was directed to this wax.

I am so envious when checking out the gallery :drool: . Maybe someday I will get them perfected.

Thanks again !